Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model


Recommended Posts

I can remember building both as a kid. I think I sprayed the Chev some kind of burgundy metallic. I remember the massive Mickey Thompson tires were really soft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

Would love to be able to get a 1967 Pontiac Grand Prix Convertible including the 428 engine and the 428 fender emblems molded on. 

I bought and built Modelhaus’ resin ‘67 Grand Prix convertible about the time they were shutting down. It was a very nice kit of my all time favorite Pontiac. It was only a curbside, so no engine. And off the top of my head, I don’t recall any fender engine badging. But, knowing the quality of the model, if the real car had engine badging on the front fender, than Modelhaus version did too. And I’m willing to bet that badging read “428.” 

Edited by unclescott58
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

Would love to be able to get a 1967 Pontiac Grand Prix Convertible including the 428 engine and the 428 fender emblems molded on. 

I owned one of these back in the 1970's. Gorgeous cars. Unfortunately some idiot ran a red light & totaled it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

I bought and built Modelhaus’ resin ‘67 Grand Prix convertible about the time they were shutting down. I

Can you post a photo of that model?   I have never seen it, and the 67 was an interesting design with the front fender caps and headlamp arrangement, looked like a custom car right from the factory!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to see some more foreign cars. I've always like Asian and European cars, but American kit makers rarely offer any. Now that prices have been driven up, Tamiya, Aoshima, Fujimi, etc, aren't too much more costly than domestic companies. Still though, I'd like to see them put out more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steveracer said:

Can you post a photo of that model?   I have never seen it, and the 67 was an interesting design with the front fender caps and headlamp arrangement, looked like a custom car right from the factory!

I’l See what I can do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm honestly hoping for another production run from Fujimi of their 365GTB/4 Daytona, both coupe and spyder. Positively lovely kits and I want to take another stab at building the coupe. I'd also add a reissue complete with PE and aluminum goodies for the Tamiya Morgan 4/4 along the same lines as the excellent Lotus Seven and Lotus Europa reissues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Justin Porter said:

I'm honestly hoping for another production run from Fujimi of their 365GTB/4 Daytona, both coupe and spyder. Positively lovely kits and I want to take another stab at building the coupe. I'd also add a reissue complete with PE and aluminum goodies for the Tamiya Morgan 4/4 along the same lines as the excellent Lotus Seven and Lotus Europa reissues. 

I too would like to see Fujimi continue their rerelease program having picked up a number of their recent Porsche reissues to great delight. Having the Morgan come out with enhanced parts would be great, as well as the KarmanGhia!

Cheers Misha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Misha said:

I too would like to see Fujimi continue their rerelease program having picked up a number of their recent Porsche reissues to great delight. Having the Morgan come out with enhanced parts would be great, as well as the KarmanGhia!

Cheers Misha

The reissues of the Porsche 911S sold out so fast at my shop! I was so disappointed when my primary distributor had run out of them so I couldn't restock. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since the ‘79 Bronco is being reissued, it’d be nice to see MPC’s ‘80-86 Bronco hit the shelves soon again too. Last reissued under the AMT brand in the 2000’s and hard to find.

Another that would be nice to see again is the Revell/Monogram ‘48-50 Ford F-1 pickup, I sure like Ford’s Bonus Built line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

I bought and built Modelhaus’ resin ‘67 Grand Prix convertible about the time they were shutting down. It was a very nice kit of my all time favorite Pontiac. It was only a curbside, so no engine. And off the top of my head, I don’t recall any fender engine badging. But, knowing the quality of the model, if the real car had engine badging on the front fender, than Modelhaus version did too. And I’m willing to bet that badging read “428.” 

Thanks for the story. Lucky you to have that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

I bought and built Modelhaus’ resin ‘67 Grand Prix convertible about the time they were shutting down. It was a very nice kit of my all time favorite Pontiac. It was only a curbside, so no engine. And off the top of my head, I don’t recall any fender engine badging. But, knowing the quality of the model, if the real car had engine badging on the front fender, than Modelhaus version did too. And I’m willing to bet that badging read “428.” 

Lucky you to build that gem!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2022 at 7:19 PM, Mike C. said:

I can remember building both as a kid. I think I sprayed the Chev some kind of burgundy metallic. I remember the massive Mickey Thompson tires were really soft.

Is this one of the 1/16 trucks made when Revell was owned or tied in with Ceji? I bought one, it was the monster truck version  with huge 2 piece tires, triple shocks, and a glass t roof. I was so put off that I never built it, but probably still have all the parts somewhere. I now remember that the cab was terribly warped and I really disliked the non stock grill. I do believe there was another version that had a stock grill but it never made it to our local hobby shops. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, monza77 said:

Is this one of the 1/16 trucks made when Revell was owned or tied in with Ceji? I bought one, it was the monster truck version  with huge 2 piece tires, triple shocks, and a glass t roof. I was so put off that I never built it, but probably still have all the parts somewhere. I now remember that the cab was terribly warped and I really disliked the non stock grill. I do believe there was another version that had a stock grill but it never made it to our local hobby shops. 

Yeah it’s their 1/16 kit. The monster truck version was the most recent, and I’m not sure if the molds were modified for it. I would like to see more of the 1/16 kits return, and I would really love to see Revell rerelease one of their 1/12 GM kits this year.

Edited by Jordan White
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Revell released several versions of this truck over the years. One version had a cap and turbine type wheels. The one that was molded in orange with the Suzuki dirt bike was the one that I remember building. I wish I knew what happened to it. My mom usually gave all that stuff to the church after I lost interest in it. I had a lot of those original G.I Joes that I got as hand me downs from my older cousin that are probably worth a small fortune now. The space capsule, the tan Jeep, ect. 

As for the model. I really don't remember that much about building it apart from the color. It was among the first models that I spray painted as a kid. I was never a big fan of those Trans Am T tops. 🤢

Edited by Mike C.
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

First Post ,

but not new to the hobby, just quiet about it.

Spent a few years building full size rods/bikes in the southeast.

Here's my must buy list. Mostly stuff that has not been reissued to the best of my knowledge . 

Lots of MPC (hey Round 2, how bout some of these, instead  of the unwanted Ricksaw )

charger_iii_big.jpg

cosma_ray_big.jpg

good_guys_big.jpg

magnum_GTII_big.jpg

mailtruck_big.jpg

mission_big.jpg

P8060965-vi.jpg

paddy_wagon_casper_big.jpg

R2IGMPCBedBuggy.jpg.969d099a0f6c2f4ee406eca0c355b4dd.jpg

stagefrigt.jpg

superteen_firebird_big.jpg

thecat.jpg

thunder_charger_big.jpg

uncertaint_big.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The old MPC Toyota 2000 GT please. I have read it is a bad kit but I am a big fan of the car and I have never owned a MPC kit it is time now. :)

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

John Shoe is correct. Those Toyota's would sell in large numbers, I suspect. The market for them is much wider than when those kits were new.

Steve DeLong, the Uncertain T is gone, never to Return, unless Atlantis Models finds it in the pile of old Revell/Monogram tooling they bought. There is a long and very unhappy story behind the that kit. You can probably find several threads here that go into more detail about the history, but suffice it to say, if you want one, just pony up the money and get one. It is one of the very few kits, that seems to be universally accepted that is gone forever.

You have some other great pics on your list! The Bedbuggy was teased as a possibility a while ago (3-4 Years?) but has not been spoken of since. It has the only 1/25 scale set of Woodlites, and would be cool to have just for those. The '28 Lincoln has been out within the last 15 years or so, so with that kit and some eBay Decals and gluebomb parts you could cobble up the Goodguys Taxi yourself.

Glad to have you here!

Alan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, alexis said:

John Shoe is correct. Those Toyota's would sell in large numbers, I suspect. The market for them is much wider than when those kits were new.

Certainly , Tim Boyd , you , and me aren't the only ones who want for those outstanding kits reissued .

Even more better would be Round2's dusting-off of the MPC [et alia] Goodyear VR50s from c.1989 for not only these Toyota kits, but for other applications as well (1987 ad sequitur Mustang GT, etc.) .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...