Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

Thank YOU Dann for the time you took to document the build.  It IS a great build and I learned a lot of neat tricks from the methods you shared.  The car is so realistic looking but after going back and looking at all the close-ups a person has to be struck at how clean the build is.  No mean feat with all that detail.  Congratulations !!  cheers, tim

16 hours ago, Funkychiken said:

Amazing build Dann, loved following along!.

Shame there isn't a build of the year, I'd for for this, although you might tell from how long the thread is!

Thanks, Atin!!, i'm glad you enjoyed it!!, and to think I wasn't ever gonna do WIPs, since there are soooo many outstanding builders out there already!

14 hours ago, Codi said:

Thank YOU Dann for the time you took to document the build.  It IS a great build and I learned a lot of neat tricks from the methods you shared.  The car is so realistic looking but after going back and looking at all the close-ups a person has to be struck at how clean the build is.  No mean feat with all that detail.  Congratulations !!  cheers, tim

VERY much appreciated, Tim!!..This Pagani was the first thread I have EVER done, I was just so frustrated for those who tried to build it, so I had to help. Now, i'm a WIP freak!!!...lol 

Edited by Dann Tier

9 hours ago, Charlie0882004 said:

Excellent build bro. Very motivational! Ive been still following this build low key, I have some builds as well that I haven’t posted. 

Thanks, Chad!!, i'm glad to help!!…..where are these builds?.....we'd all love to see them!!!

30 minutes ago, stevenkelby said:

Dann, there's only 1 car in this thread, but you're the inspiration for dozens of us to build more. Thanks! 

Wow.....thanks, Steven!!, that's what I was hoping for!!….you all motivate me as well!!!......its a great big circle!!!

1 hour ago, tkzwolf said:

I really enjoyed watching this progress... and learned several new techniques along the way.  Thanks for sharing. The detail and quality of the finished car is amazing.

Thanks a lot, Tom!!….glad you liked it, and that I could help a bit!

I don't know which is the greater miracle... the build's quality itself...? Or the mere fact that it's actually finished now?? :)Well, I guess I'll go for the build! LOL!

One fact about closely following a great WIP is that at some stage you KNOW there will be a great result eventually. But this is not just a "great" result, it's a fantastic one - the same fantastic that applies to your skills, your dedication, your innovative methods and your patience. Even though you have permanently spoilt my appetite to build this kit for myself ( :P ), I am grateful for the efforts you made in showing and explaining how to get such a result, that is so d**n close to "perfect".

R-E-S-P-E-C-T Dann, and looking forward too see a lot more WIP's from you!

9 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

I don't know which is the greater miracle... the build's quality itself...? Or the mere fact that it's actually finished now?? :)Well, I guess I'll go for the build! LOL!

One fact about closely following a great WIP is that at some stage you KNOW there will be a great result eventually. But this is not just a "great" result, it's a fantastic one - the same fantastic that applies to your skills, your dedication, your innovative methods and your patience. Even though you have permanently spoilt my appetite to build this kit for myself ( :P ), I am grateful for the efforts you made in showing and explaining how to get such a result, that is so d**n close to "perfect".

R-E-S-P-E-C-T Dann, and looking forward too see a lot more WIP's from you!

Thanks, Tommy!!,  I really appreciate all the kind things you just said, but i'm sorry I made you not want to build it, my whole intention was to show people that it CAN be done the way it was intended, and that its not really difficult. I was glad.....driven, to make a path for everyone!....aside from all the insane extras I added, it has enough great detail to stand alone as a beautiful build!  _Thanks again, bud!!

2 hours ago, Italianhorses said:

Looks great! Congrats on wrapping up a long term build! Gotta feel good.

Thanks, Alex!!, you know how it is, you've done some insane builds yourself!.....heck, just getting that rear cowl on the Tamiya F-40 was a job in its self!!  I've come to realize with that kit, and this Pagani, that you wont always be able to fix everything, but to get it as close as possible can work...i.e., all the gaps between body panels on my Pagani. Yes I got everything to fit very well, added a ton of extra detail, but the gaps are still off a bit, so I decided i'd much rather have uniform gapping, than some narrow, and some wider. Symetery is what I like to have with ALL my builds. It doesn't matter who, or how one builds, show me a model that's claiming to be 100% accurate....and i'll make a list why it isn't.   -sorry for the ramble, bud!  lol

42 minutes ago, Belugawrx said:

You got everything to fit..Nice B)

Well done Dann

Thanks, Bruce!!, i'm actually pretty happy with it, minus the gap between the rocker vent, and the bottom edge of the rear cowl, but in a little bit here, I will be posting how to even fix that, so that the next builder can have Perfect gaps all-way-round!!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...FINISHED!!
16 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Alex!!, you know how it is, you've done some insane builds yourself!.....heck, just getting that rear cowl on the Tamiya F-40 was a job in its self!!  I've come to realize with that kit, and this Pagani, that you wont always be able to fix everything, but to get it as close as possible can work...i.e., all the gaps between body panels on my Pagani. Yes I got everything to fit very well, added a ton of extra detail, but the gaps are still off a bit, so I decided i'd much rather have uniform gapping, than some narrow, and some wider. Symetery is what I like to have with ALL my builds. It doesn't matter who, or how one builds, show me a model that's claiming to be 100% accurate....and i'll make a list why it isn't.   -sorry for the ramble, bud!  lol

No, that's absolutely spot on. I used to be a perfectionist and little things would drive me nuts! I would re-paint entire bodies because of small specs of dust. But then I realized it does not do me any good and uses up more of my modeling time, which I don't have enough to begin with. So I became a "good enough for me" model builder. And you know what - its great!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass