[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
crazyjim

1968 Road Runner

Completed a '68 Road Runner today.  I used Pearl-Ex super copper on it, with '70 Cuda wheels/tires and even undercoated it.

image.png.bd045fc47dbca6d77287535c67954db7.png

image.png.b72f951e84ccedf080e1c1cb17c7985c.png

image.png.6778a07ca3e1a60a30ac8a2f44bf341e.png

image.png.eecef969012a90443e5e45828b57b52d.png

image.png.3f6f4e633812e9f5723ac9000f8576bc.png

image.png.1935699114daa94d5ac5838a2af411ef.png

Nice one Jim! Cool colour and well fitted out.

Thanks Ray and Patrick.  For some reason I'm stuck on Mopars lately.

Being "stuck on Mopars " is a good thing, and you did a great job on that Road Runner. I just love dem B-body Mopars!

Nice color, nice interior, nice engine detail. Overall very well done. 

Great looking model, that color in the sun is just WOW!

I, too, love that color.  It goes so well with those wheels.  I marvel at how many models you create - it seems like every few weeks I'm looking at something new and nice from you.  Your shelves must be overflowing!

I gotta know more about this Pearl-ex. Appears it's just a pigment. What do you mix it with?

Super super nice!! Another great build Jim!!! Nice color choices. Stay hooked on Mopars please lol !

Thanks Snake, Nick, Don, Joe, Tom, Dave, Carl, Lee, Marty, Mark, and Christopher.

I use McDonald's coffee stirs - they have a flat end - to measure the amount of Pearl-Ex powder to use.  About 2 stirs 1/4 full does it for me.  So into a medicine pill cup and mix with HOK SG100 about 2/3 full.  That gives me almost a full cup in the airbrush.  Final color greatly depends on the base color.  I use Duplicolor primer in either black, dark grey, light gray, or white.  I have spoon tests for all the varieties I've mentioned.

Beautiful Day 2 build. I like the color contrast between the interior and the outstanding exterior paint. "Show Car" pretty engine compartment.