Model Cars Magazine Forum

T/A Challenger

bauercrew

Boy here is an old one i did years ago,, was scheduled to go into the round file cabinet:D ,the decals on this thing wrinkled up big time ,got frustrated and finished it put back in box where it stayed for long time . tech question for you camera guys,any idea why im getting color shift when i open raw files in adobe to do any adjustments or do none at all, and when it go to editor mode it changes drastically ,,,,,,strange thing is it is ONLY doing when i photograph the models:angry:,can take pictures of anything else and there is no color shift:unsure:

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

Edited by bauercrew

Very nice job on this kit Bill. For me, red is one of the hardest colors to capture in photos. I can take a photo of any red build that I do and the picture will come out....................off. In editing it seems to come out a really bright red when I go one way or a faded red when going the other way. I've had to play around with lighting and camera settings as well as editing to get that color to come out the way I want it.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:50 PM, bauercrew said:

...,any idea why im getting color shift when i open raw files in adobe to do any adjustments or do none at all, and when it go to editor mode it changes drastically ,,,,,,strange thing is it is ONLY doing when i photograph the models:angry:,can take pictures of anything else and there is no color shift:unsure:

c4.jpg

c6.jpg

Try taking pictures outside in natural daylight, but NOT in the bright midday sun, which will cast harsh shadows. And try to use reflective lighting in the dark areas. See if that gives you more accurate color reproduction.

Your car looks more orange than red because incandescent lights give off a yellow hue. Florescent lights give off blue tint.

You can also use the photo edit tool on your phone to "cancel out" the unwanted tint. Go to edit, then hue and slide the bar to choose a tint that reverses the yellow and adds a cooler hue to your red.

20180423_204651.jpg.41f8c5af092f3973c14587ff971bd533.jpg

Or changes the color altogether. 

Like this....

20180423_204817.jpg.cd60e7e5b372bd656562a2dc87a9f5b4.jpg

20180423_204856.jpg.fa5fa606e7559d9224528f9059e155f1.jpg

20180423_204927.jpg.48f35c9d693358bcca2372332a7cc3d0.jpg

If you trim away the background and paste it exactly on top of the original picture, it'll look like you actually painted the car a different color. Try it, it's fun!