Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite Car

13 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

The only issue that I have with this generation of Charger is that every time I look at one, I think of one of these. ;)

Steve

image.png.2af1164204ee50d858a3306cecc627f6.png

There's a Marlin that shows up to a local car show every year. While I'm not a fan of that style Charger, I kind of like the Marlin.

8 hours ago, dshue76 said:

1978-1980 Olds Cutlass, in any trim level so long as it's a 2 dr notchback. My first car was an 80 Cutlass Supreme. This is my Current 80 Cutlass Supreme.

104_1110.JPG

104_0908.JPG

Man great minds think alike !! Mine is a 71 convertible w 350 rocket..rides like a caddy just plain fun car . 

20161015_080726.thumb.jpg.0866ae9159414789c086c41b181ed6de.jpg

I've always wanted a 72 442 convertible though

I want this one back!!

f842_3.JPG.5dce5e5ab6412ffcfba4686d56231549.JPG

Out of all the cars I've ever owned, this one still is my favorite, even more so than my current Challenger.

Mine was BRIGHT yellow (couldn't miss it) and had the 390/4spd. Sold it many years ago, and would LOVE to find another one at a 'reasonable' price. Best thing about this car?? You couldn't fake it. Either you had one or you didn't! :D

My favorite drivetrain is a supercharged V8 with manual transmission. Why does this matter you ask? Well because my favorite vehicle features a turbocharged V6 with auto transmission. What car is that? Why the 1987 Buick GNX of course! :wub:

1987-buick-gnx.ashx?modified=20180320135

*To clarify, I did not own one (unsurprisingly), but rather I would love to own one, or at least a clone.

Edited by Jordan White

2 hours ago, High octane said:

To me the Charger looks nothing like the Charger.

I'm guessing that you meant, "the Charger looks nothing like the Marlin".

Well, they're not carbon copies, but you have to admit that they share a lot of the same styling cues.

The basic profile is very close.

From a distance, they would be hard to distinguish from one and other.

Steve

2 hours ago, Jordan White said:

My favorite drivetrain is a supercharged V8 with manual transmission. Why does this matter you ask? Well because my favorite vehicle features a turbocharged V6 with auto transmission. What car is that? Why the 1987 Buick GNX of course! :wub:

1987-buick-gnx.ashx?modified=20180320135

*To clarify, I did not own one (unsurprisingly), but rather I would love to own one, or at least a clone.

not a bad choice at all for a reasonable modern day toy.

Ive never driven a GNX, but have driven several Turbo T types and impressive is an under=statement.

A real good friend of mine has one that can comfortably click of high 10 second 1/4 mile passes and then drive it home with the ac on.

Its a stock block and heads, Upgraded turbo and inter-cooler with water injection. He has a strong running 1970 hemi cuda and the Buick will eat the Cuda for lunch

Three cars that I have owned and loved.  First is this a love hate relationship.  

1974 911- cookie cutter wheels and all.  Loved the attention and fun of driving the car.  Hated the maintenance and upkeep.  Heat exchangers rusted out after 3 years in Michigan.

image.jpeg.2128592c0e7c0645e2acc7f9ecd81249.jpeg

Second one was a Toyota FX16.  Not exactly noteworthy but a fun little car and  it got me through a time without sports cars.

Image result for toyota fx16 white

Last and not the least my current car, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo.  This is the most  fun car I have ever owned.  Quick as heck, a head turner and  feels like a gokart on the corners.  Oh, and it is reliable as any Toyota.

5b58914366370_IMG_20180227_0834194211.thumb.jpg.eab7fc6b293b6d5bd3681e2afdf420d6.jpg

I am a mopar freak and would have a hard time choosing so I’m going to say any late 60s mopar. I already have a 67 Plymouth satellite.D9B22045-1B38-4924-A772-B70ACB6E2204.thumb.jpeg.342347517b2e287c47499416feb52d47.jpeg

My dream truck would be a 61-71 dodge W200 sweptline power wagon.6B4C59BF-7D0C-45E1-9C42-BADFB94AA23C.thumb.jpeg.f2b38b7351fb8f3b28f93fc4d84ea9ca.jpeg

or a 1964 dodge d100 custom sport special/hi performance package sweptline   http://www.cssregistry.com/css/whatis.html.

Edited by 426 pack

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I'm guessing that you meant, "the Charger looks nothing like the Marlin".

Well, they're not carbon copies, but you have to admit that they share a lot of the same styling cues.

The basic profile is very close.

From a distance, they would be hard to distinguish from one and other.

Steve

Yes I meant the Charger looks nothing like the Marlin, and from a distance I believe that I can tell the difference as there are a lot of differences between the two cars.

6 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Man great minds think alike !! Mine is a 71 convertible w 350 rocket..rides like a caddy just plain fun car . 

I've always wanted a 72 442 convertible though

Years ago I passed on a beautiful and mint Sequoia green with the white interior 72 Cutlass Supreme hardtop because a friend mentioned that he might have to sell his Aqua Mist green 64 442. Needless to say, he didn't have to sell his 442 after all and the 72 Cutlass found a buyer. About 10 years later my buddy did sell his 442 and gave me the first opportunity to buy it, but as Murphy's law prescribes, I wasn't in a financial position to do so. I loved that 442 but I kick myself to this day for passing on the 72. The 442 was all there but needed lots of love, the 72 was mint. This was in 1998 and both were priced around $3500......

2 hours ago, High octane said:

Yes I meant the Charger looks nothing like the Marlin, and from a distance I believe that I can tell the difference as there are a lot of differences between the two cars.

Well of course there are differences, and I can tell them apart as well, but we're car guys.

The average person would probably think that they were the same vehicle from a block away.

Not trying to dis your choice.

I love the look of the Charger as well.

Just saying, the styling is strikingly similar.

A fox obviously got into the hen house from either Dodge or AMC when these cars were designed in '66.

A little bit of larceny going on I would say. ;)

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

I hope this doesn't step on any toes as the vehicle I would really like to have again is a 1978 Dodge Warlock. Had one and I would like to find another as I have a special  plan for it. 2WD/auto.

If it must be a car, I'd say I'd like a 1961 Corvette. White w/silver cove, 4 speed and optional hard-top. I owned a '67 coupe (427 car but was replaced by op with a 350 and a '66 convertible true 396 car but I'd prefer a '61)

And if I could have ANY car, Chaparral 2F. The wing beats out the snorkel scoop on the 2D. Vintage racing would be FUN!!!

warlock.jpeg

61vette.jpeg

chap2f1.jpeg

Edited by DPNM

15 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Just saying, the styling is strikingly similar.

A fox obviously got into the hen house from either Dodge or AMC when these cars were designed in '66.

A little bit of larceny going on I would say. ;)

Steve

Back in those days (like today even), folks would either get fired or quit from one auto company, and then move on to the next. Think Elwood Engel when he went from Ford to Chrysler, and then take a look at the Turbine Car. Styling cues very much like the '61 T-Bird which he had a big hand in designing. Chrysler then took him on, and he pretty much redid practically the entire Chrysler line for '63 (thank goodness!).

Edited by MrObsessive

My favorite car was a 1975 Cadillac custom Victoria Hearse.

DYJqdMJ.jpg?1

This was the last picture I took of her. Had to scrap / part her out. The dirt road's in Nevada are sprayed with Mag Cloride and after a year or two of that she turned to swiss cheese. The roof is covered with "Snow Roof". I pulled the  Black Vinyl roof off after The rust ate through the steel, and I welded in some Band-Aid's ( steel patch's ) to stop the rain from  flowing  in. The final straw was one day on my way home from work, the ENTIRE rear of the car started to drag the ground !  The rear bumper came off and was only hanging on by the brake light wires !    The frame had turned to "Brillo pad" .

I had a lot of fun with her , for the 12 years I had her.

B.T.W.: Who say's "You can't take it with you ? ?

zWCH78X.jpg?2

On 8/8/2018 at 1:28 PM, jaxenro said:

I am sure this has been but what is your favorite car either that you owned or would like to own?

Mine is this sadly lost  Duesenberg Model J two-door "faux cabriolet", bodywork by Letourneur & Marchand

C86322EB-DA12-4BF3-ABBE-4CB7AFB31B1E.jpeg

In the high-end classic world, there's no such thing as "lost" - there's only "hasn't been recreated yet." :)