Model Cars Magazine Forum

Complete bonuses in kits

• 2 weeks later...

there are a couple of current kits that have these motorcycles. i think there was one that has a pedal bicycle too. i think it was a pickup truck that had a motorcycle. 

i thought i had it on my tower wish list, but i dont seem to anymore. there is a kit with the motorcycles

link didnt show up

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFXHN&P=7

Edited by youpey

21 hours ago, youpey said:

there are a couple of current kits that have these motorcycles. i think there was one that has a pedal bicycle too. i think it was a pickup truck that had a motorcycle. 

No current kit has this Triumph motorcycle or the go-kart. The parts pack that you linked to is a pair of dirt bikes. 

Stevens International and HobbyLinc list an upcoming release of the AMT 60 Chevy pickup with a go-kart, but there has been no formal announcement from Round2.

5 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

No current kit has this Triumph motorcycle or the go-kart. The parts pack that you linked to is a pair of dirt bikes. 

Stevens International and HobbyLinc list an upcoming release of the AMT 60 Chevy pickup with a go-kart, but there has been no formal announcement from Round2.

my mistake. i was talking including motorcycles in general. i didnt think they meant a very specific bike

9 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

The Go Kart with the '60 Chevrolet Pickup  is a "go", even though it has not been formally announced as correctly pointed out by Craig.  It is a combination restoration of the original tooling/reproduction of the unit in the original '63 Apache kit.  TB 

Edited by tim boyd

17 hours ago, youpey said:

my mistake. i was talking including motorcycles in general. i didnt think they meant a very specific bike

Sorry, i wasn't trying to be a jerk. The rest of the thread was specifically about the Triumph bike(and go-kart). But there have been quite a few motorcycles included in kits over the years. I'm reluctant to start a list here for fear of distracting from the original topic. Thank you for trying to contribute though. Maybe start a new thread where we can list all the motorcycles included in 1/24 and 1/25 kits?

Many kits come with extra stuff, whether it be just some cool extra parts,i.e. engine stand and bare block in the AMT Nova kits or complete accessories as denoted on the box top, boat and trailer, bike and trailer. 

Here's one with a complete bicycle inside, AMT 1929 Ford Woody/Pickup, not sure how to tell from the exact same kit that doesn't have the bike. :(

1929_Ford_Woody_PickUp_Box_1-vi.jpg

AMT '61 and '62 Buick Special station wagons, packed with lots of bonuses including a really nice U-Haul type trailer.  The Buicks were curbsides with no opening hood or engine. To make up for that, AMT threw in an early Chrysler Hemi with multiple options and an A-frame hoist to hang it from. I wonder how many of us hacked open the Buick's hood to try and make that Hemi fit?

Many of those bonuses were also in the original '63 Nova wagon kit. The fuel cans, fire extinguisher, tool box, racing helmet and Hemi engine were still around years later in the "Boss Nova" '63 Chevy Nova wagon dragster.  I think the A-frame hoist and trailer are gone forever, though.

62_buick.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, slusher said:

I would like to have one of those, wish it would get reissued in a kit...

Carl, scroll up the page and read Tim's confirmation that the go-kart is being reissued in combination with the AMT '60 Chevy Custom Fleetline pickup kit within the next few months.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Carl, scroll up the page and read Tim's confirmation that the go-kart is being reissued in combination with the AMT '60 Chevy Custom Fleetline pickup kit within the next few months.

I really hope that happens...I LOVE the little extras the kits came with....hope the pickup is a original long bed like it once was.