Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopping tops like a mad man

Pimentel.Eng

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

You have an excellent eye for proportion and line. Very nice work.  :D

Thank you. Im quite anal about my chops lol that could be the reason. I spend hours fixing the roof parts till im happy..often I break it down again even after it's been glued if im not happy and start again.

31 minutes ago, Pimentel.Eng said:

Thank you. Im quite anal about my chops lol that could be the reason. I spend hours fixing the roof parts till im happy..often I break it down again even after it's been glued if im not happy and start again.

:D  Your effort and talent show.. 

Keep doing what you're doing.  B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

1 hour ago, moparfarmer said:

There is only one Chopper...Chopper ,Ted Lear from Tennesee or Kentucky, I'am not sure..

Im not here to take any ones nick name. Im here to show my work and dedication. Im also a pattern maker, but that a different story. 

Thanks for brining that up

Edited by Pimentel.Eng

13 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Nice work on the various chops. You have a great eye for proportion

Just a question, what is going on at the back end of the body here? 

20181015_133344.jpg

When the top portion came down the rear of the window was misaligned. So i cut out a square portion,removed some from the front of it to push it foreward to lign up with the top piece. Filled the back from it being moved to fill the gap made from the material I removed up front to allow the mentioned square section to be moved foreward.. The bottom was material i removed to make the cut flat. I can draw it out for you if you like. Im happy to share my techniques. 

And thank you. I try my best

Edited by Pimentel.Eng

18 hours ago, Pimentel.Eng said:

When the top portion came down the rear of the window was misaligned. So i cut out a square portion,removed some from the front of it to push it foreward to lign up with the top piece. Filled the back from it being moved to fill the gap made from the material I removed up front to allow the mentioned square section to be moved foreward.. The bottom was material i removed to make the cut flat. I can draw it out for you if you like. Im happy to share my techniques. 

And thank you. I try my best

Thanks for taking the time to explain it, it makes sense now that you say it.

I build a lot of old Ford hot rods, especially 32's, and I hate chopping the tops because of that extra reveal in each window opening, trying to get those looking good. But your cuts on that sedan look really good. I'll be excited to see how they look when finished out

Edited by Mr. Metallic