Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why I Have No Time @ The Bench. DONE!! (Before & After Pics)

9 minutes ago, Little Timmy said:

HA ! 

At least you have "Wall's" .....

Look what I'm up against.

qmtVoFq.jpg

I do like your Tile's around the fireplace...... but I'm not about to show them to my wife ..... she has "changed " her mind enough !!!

Been there, done that!

We built a brand new house in 2001.

Steve

58 minutes ago, Little Timmy said:

...At least you have "Wall's" .....

Never forget to count your blessings. At least you guys have houses. I've been forced to waste two afternoons' worth of model building time trying to figure out if my apartment landlord is within state law to force me to buy his organization's renters insurance even though I already have my own State Farm renter's insurance.

14 hours ago, Russell C said:

Never forget to count your blessings. At least you guys have houses. I've been forced to waste two afternoons' worth of model building time trying to figure out if my apartment landlord is within state law to force me to buy his organization's renters insurance even though I already have my own State Farm renter's insurance.

6 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Contact the Arizona Attorney General's office. They'll answer your question fast.

Joe's advice is good.  Also, get a copy of the landlord's insurance policy if you can and contact your State Insurance Department.  They should have a Consumer Protection Division and can tell you the coverage that is being offered and whether it duplicates your State Farm policy.  They can also tell you if any insurance laws or regulations are being violated.  At a minimum, there should be a licensed insurance agent in the transaction somewhere.  Depending on your state's laws, the landlord's insurance policy may be on file with the Department of Insurance or perhaps approved for use by them.

The landlord should only be interested in making sure you have liability coverage.  Landlords typically do not care if you have coverage for your contents or possessions.  If the landlord is making you buy liability coverage through his insurance, you may be able to have State Farm remove it from yours.

Not for nothing, nobody can force you to buy any type of "insurance". Sounds like the old "protection" racket that wiseguys used to extort money from businesses so "you don't have nuthin' happen. It'd be a shame if there was sumpthin' like an  explosion or fire, see?"

9 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

...shame if there was sumpthin' like an  explosion or fire ...

17 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Contact the Arizona Attorney General's office. ...

Yep, one of my bigger fears is not that my stuff would be lost from anything I do, but instead what the neighbors do (upstairs folks have set off the smoke detectors around a half dozen times since they moved in back in June). Renter's insurance is a dang good idea. Without getting deep into details, today my landlord finds himself unable to defend the idea that he can force me to buy the policy he dictates, so he's dropped the requirement. What an ordeal. However, from my State Farm agent's pressure on the manager to say which state law gave him the authority to demand what he did, combined with my own slog through ARS laws Chapters 3 & 10, I guess I can say I'm more knowledgeable on what's permitted and what isn't. Hours gone from my life that I'll never see again, but knowledge is power and networking is priceless.

2 hours ago, peekay said:

Steve, that's a very classy looking fireplace. Wish I had such a nice excuse for my own lack of scale product this year.

Thanks Peter.

It's getting there.

I have a pair of corbels on order, then I can add a row of tile at the top, flank it with the corbels, & top it with the mantel.

Then I'll mask off the tile & walls & paint the whole thing white.

Steve

34 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

Projects domino into other things too, like painting.

You don't have to tell me! :D

We started out last year with all new exterior doors around the entire house.

Next, it was new appliances, counter tops, and back splash in the kitchen, as well as adding some over and under cabinet lighting.

Then it was paint & all new floors throughout the kitchen/dining/living room area.

Lately it it has been all new interior doors & trim in that area, and now the fireplace.

Next will be paint and hardware on the kitchen cabinets, and then I'll likely move on to re-doing the stairway to the basement.

Then we will move on to completely renovating 3 bath rooms, three bed rooms and the family room.

Not to mention all of the landscaping work that needs to be done outside! :rolleyes:

The house was nice when we bought it, but it was very dated & in need of a lot of updating.

It's good to be able to do most of the work yourself.

I hate to think of what all of this would cost if we had to hire it all out!! :blink:

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Getting very close to finished.

Tile has to be grouted, a little paint touch up, and I'm going to paint the brass vent louvers.

Not going to make it by Thanksgiving, but shortly after.

Then I hope to have a little time to possibly finish my '60 Imperial build between Thanksgiving & Christmas. ;)

Steve

2v2EUURRTxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EUURcTxwUbWP.jpg