Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Rig Build Off Entry List 2019, Rules and Updates

I have not touched a model in over a year. A friend sent me this last week and so I came on to see what was going on in the truck section and found this build thread. Is it too late for me to join in? The bare frame rails and fuel tanks appear to be the only thing started.

Just re-re-read the rules. Frame and tanks are now in pieces.

20190129_145010.jpg

20190129_153757.jpg

Edited by Sam I Am

54 minutes ago, Sam I Am said:

I have not touched a model in over a year. A friend sent me this last week and so I came on to see what was going on in the truck section and found this build thread. Is it too late for me to join in? The bare frame rails and fuel tanks appear to be the only thing started.

Just re-re-read the rules. Frame and tanks are now in pieces.

20190129_145010.jpg

20190129_153757.jpg

You're in Sam. Go ahead and start a build thread and the Workbench section and begin Feb. 1.

I've done community builds but never a contest. I will jump in with this one I never considered my work to be of "contest quality"

. It's an early-issue International Transtar 2 kit with the air ride rear suspension. It's an ebay built-up I bought years ago.

Every tractor needs a trailer. I buy these transporters to build as moving vans, and that's what this one will be.

100_4491-vi.jpg

10 minutes ago, SpreadAxle said:

I've done community builds but never a contest. I will jump in with this one I never considered my work to be of "contest quality"

. It's an early-issue International Transtar 2 kit with the air ride rear suspension. It's an ebay built-up I bought years ago.

Every tractor needs a trailer. I buy these transporters to build as moving vans, and that's what this one will be.

100_4491-vi.jpg

You're In. Don't forget to start a Workbench thread on or before Friday.

22 minutes ago, signguy2108 said:

see if  I can join this "build" please.  Mack cruiseliner daycab. I haven't done anything in over a year, now i have to put all the current projects back in the closet again....lol

DSCF0102.JPG

DSCF0103.JPG

You're in. Just start a build thread in the workbench section today or tomorrow. Remember, don't start building until tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the big day! We have 28 entries as of now with one thread still needing to be started. The contest begins tomorrow, so start building then. The contest will remain open tomorrow as well if anyone would still like to enter. Thanks to all who have entered!!

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

And We're Off!!

The Contest has started!!!

We have 29 registered contestants with 28 threads started so far.

We have 10 Macks, 5 Internationals, 3 Freightliners, 2 Western Stars, 2 Peterbilts, 2 Kenworths, 1 Scania, 1 Man, 1 Dodge, 1 Ford, and 1 Chevrolet.

I'm looking forward to seeing some great builds!

Continue to post your progress. An update post must be posted between March 1st and March 31st. Your starting thread will be counted as your February post if you're unable to make anymore February posts.

Don't worry, I'll send out reminders!

Happy Building!!

On 02/02/2019 at 11:15 AM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

And We're Off!!

The Contest has started!!!

We have 29 registered contestants with 28 threads started so far.

We have 10 Macks, 5 Internationals, 3 Freightliners, 2 Western Stars, 2 Peterbilts, 2 Kenworths, 1 Scania, 1 Man, 1 Dodge, 1 Ford, and 1 Chevrolet.

I'm looking forward to seeing some great builds!

Continue to post your progress. An update post must be posted between March 1st and March 31st. Your starting thread will be counted as your February post if you're unable to make anymore February posts.

Don't worry, I'll send out reminders!

Happy Building!!

I’m pleasantly surprised by the amount of Mack trucks in this build off. I’m loving the  work I’m seeing so far.

Ben

• 4 weeks later...

Okay guys, month one of the Big Rig Build Off is done. We still have 28 entries. Some are even close to finished. Remember that all entries must post an update sometime this month,  between today and March 31st. Due to the edit function being disabled I will no longer be able to update the original post, but will continue to update by posting on this thread. I'm glad to see all of these builds coming together. Keep up the great work everyone!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 3:25 AM, Jimbo8v92 said:

can i do a late entry? I dont wanna wait till 2020 lol

On 3/1/2019 at 9:17 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Okay guys, month one of the Big Rig Build Off is done. We still have 28 entries. Some are even close to finished. Remember that all entries must post an update sometime this month,  between today and March 31st. Due to the edit function being disabled I will no longer be able to update the original post, but will continue to update by posting on this thread. I'm glad to see all of these builds coming together. Keep up the great work everyone!!

If it would be ok to do a subtitute and all is ok with it, he can have my spot Brian.. I won’t be getting anything done this time around. Just an idea...