Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis 2019 catalogue

stevez

2 minutes ago, Deathgoblin said:

Looks like they've got some great stuff coming.  :)

Unfortunately nothing beyond what was mentioned previously. Not getting into anything non-automotive related here since that's fodder for another forum section.

• 5 weeks later...

Cool art work. Kelly Daniel is a chip off of his old man's block. He also did the art work for Revell's last reissue of his dad's Grim Reaper motorcycle. Box art sometimes can get me to buy a kit that I'm not really interested in owning. This is the case with Li'l Red Baron. I like "regular" the Red Baron well enough. But there something about the Li'l Red Baron that never got me wanting one. But, Kelly Daniel's art work has changed that around. I especially love that he shows the car at an airfield with machine guns blazing. With that good ol' Ed Roth cartoon flavor. Now I want one! 

IMG_3314.JPG

1 hour ago, Mr mopar said:

I here you Casey the list is long ....LOL

I think Atlantis may be more incline to release kits within the automotive genre which do not include vinyl tires-- kits such as the Unreal Roller, the SnapTite 1/32 scale Funny Cars, the 1/32 scale Dodge and Chevy Van kits, etc. Those kits alone would give them a few years worth of releases.

I've heard from Tom Daniel himself that Atlantis is planning to bring back more of his model kits down the road. What they are looking at bring back, he didn't say. I'm hoping Atlantis may eventually bring back following: the Mean Maverick, the Poison Pinto (in the original sickly green), and the Air Farce Flap Jack airplane kit. Again, despite hearing directly from Tom. I have no idea what Atlantis plans on bringing back. The above is only my personal wish list. 

1 hour ago, Dave Van said:

Just killed a few collectors investment portfolios!!!  I love it! 

Yeah, watch those "rare, vintage" kit prices nosedive like a kamikaze. :D

I'm crossing my fingers that Atlantis was able to acquire the molds for the '62 Dodge Dart 440, Dodge Lancer GT, Chrysler Newport Convertible, Valiant V-200, Imperial Crown and Plymouth Fury. Metalflake  (cool retro feature), gray, tan or white styrene re-issues won't matter. Since the early Johan and AMT MoPars will never be rereleased, the Revell kits are the next best thing.