Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/20 Ebbro McLaren Honda MP4/31

Turberticus

Another completed post from me. Ebbro's 1/20 scale McLaren MP4/31 Honda. The fit and quality of the kit is on par with Tamiya's 1/20 kits and was fairly straight forward to build. I built this with Splash Paints white primer, McLaren Graphite, and 2K clear. I used aftermarket MSM Creation decals for the Chandon, Johnnie Walker and other logos, and used Studio 27 CF decals, of which there were maybe 300! Most of the CF decals were mostly cleared with TS-79 semi gloss clear. I added a Model Factory Hiro harness and some metal rod for the antenna and DRS mechanism on the rear wing. Enjoy!

DSC_2252_01-X4.jpg

DSC_2275_01-X4.jpg

DSC_2248_01-X4.jpg

DSC_2253_01-X4.jpg

DSC_2254_01-X4.jpg

DSC_2255_01-X4.jpg

DSC_2262_01-X4.jpg

DSC_2285_01-X4.jpg

DSC_2277_01-X4.jpg

DSC_2278_01-X4.jpg

DSC_2263_01-X4.jpg

DSC_2282_01-X4.jpg

Edited by Turberticus

8 hours ago, cobraman said:

Very nice. How many pieces was that front wing ?

Thanks! There are actually 7 pieces. A lot of the components are molded in one piece. There were TONS of carbon fiber decals though, including one for every leading and trailing edge of each wing 'flap'. 

Nice to know that there are other F1 kits out there rivaling Tamiya.  I have built a lot of Tamiya F1 kits, and I only have a few left to build. Great job of the CF. I know how tiring that can be. Apply one decal, set aside, wait. Repeat 400 times!