Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 NNL East Event Coverage Here!

tim boyd

For years and years, Tom Geiger and many of the rest of you have been after me to get to the NNL East. This year, it finally happened.

For those who haven't been to this event, it's everything you've heard and more. The facility is immense, and the participation is just incredible.

To anyone who thinks adult modeling is not in a healthy condition, you need to check this event out. It will change your mind in a hurry.

A special thanks to Tom Geiger and his NNL East/Tri-State Model club event team (and originally, to the late John Silvoski who first approached the NNL Nats organizers about conducting a similar east coast NNL event). They've developed over the years a unique event of their own, then superbly managed and nurtured it, all while staying true to the non-competitive origins of the original NNL idea.

The following is an album with almost 400 pictures from the event. Wherever possible, I've followed the picture of a model with a picture of the builder's entrant form, so you can see who built these miniature masterpieces. My camera equipment grew overheated from all the pictures I was taking, so I apologize in advance for a few the photos that lack depth of field or clear focus.

Bottom line? If you consider yourself an accomplished adult model car builder, you GOTTA get to this event sooner or later.
Meanwhile, enjoy the photos and (where applicable) commentary. TIM

DSC 0996
Edited by tim boyd

Great pics on your album Tim. You got some I missed somehow even after 5 trips around the hall. Great show and some of the best of the best modeling on display. I felt very humbled.  It's so cool to see some of the beautiful models on this forum in person. They look even better live and in person. Sorry I couldn't put a face with a user name on here though.

Jeff 

Thank you for the fantastic photos Tim!   

One of these days we are going to have to meet at these shows, it seems like we are always missing each other. 

Glad you made it to east!  Its truly a whirlwind of a day, and a fantastic show!

On 4/28/2019 at 11:47 AM, tim boyd said:

Bottom line? If you consider yourself an accomplished adult model car builder, you GOTTA get to this event sooner or later.

When I met Bob Shelton at the last GSL, he implored me to attend this event. While I've always understood that it was the "Big East" his emphatic personal endorsement has really made me think hard about flying out. Great effort on the pics Tim.

Edited by Lunajammer

15 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Thanks for the great pics Tim and it was good seeing you Friday night at Hoolihan's! Hope you can make it again!

Bill....great seeing you too and hopefully I can make it back again in the future...….Best....TIM

7 hours ago, Impalow said:

Thank you for the fantastic photos Tim!   

One of these days we are going to have to meet at these shows, it seems like we are always missing each other. 

Glad you made it to east!  Its truly a whirlwind of a day, and a fantastic show!

Eric.....would be great to catch up in person.   Really enjoyed checking out all your amazing models....including your in-scale metalflake paint techniques!   

It was a whirlwind.....Michigan to Wayne NJ to this great show and back to Michigan in 41 hours flat.  It's been a long time since I've driven in NJ.....crazy road layouts I had forgotten about!   Torrential rains both ways didn't help either.  Maybe next time I'll break down and fly....then again, maybe not.  

Hopefully we can catch up in person at the NNL Nats in October?   Best....TIM  

16 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Eric.....would be great to catch up in person.   Really enjoyed checking out all your amazing models....including your in-scale metalflake paint techniques!   

It was a whirlwind.....Michigan to Wayne NJ to this great show and back to Michigan in 41 hours flat.  It's been a long time since I've driven in NJ.....crazy road layouts I had forgotten about!   Torrential rains both ways didn't help either.  Maybe next time I'll break down and fly....then again, maybe not.  

Hopefully we can catch up in person at the NNL Nats in October?   Best....TIM  

Thank you Tim! 

Oh for sure!  I'm planning on attending and bringing just about everything!    Ive heard rumors of some other get togethers the night before, and plan on doing that as well.. 

Thanks for the great pictures, it's a great show, attending is one of the highlights of my model car year.  There is too much to see in one day. Great job by the host club to pull this off every year !