Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1966 F-100 now in stock

Just put mine into paint today. Hope to have done for Wednesday.

So far, just as good of fit and detail as all the rest of the Ford pickup issues they have done. 

Some small parts are showing very minor flash or the molds maybe getting a bit 'loose'?  But it's really no problem.

The new flareside box falls together, well designed and snaps right onto the frame. Looks nice.

Lots of extra parts in the kit too for the spares box (since it uses a lot of the same parts from other kits) or junk yard dios. Mirrors, wheels, bumpers, etc.

Edited by hpiguy

1 hour ago, wrenchr said:

Mine delivered Saturday, I'm going to buy every version they release!! Come on styleside!! I have a 65 F100 shop truck style and I want to build one in scale. 

2019 894.JPG

what's under the hood????

5 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Kitbashing ideas?

Can this frame be used under the AMT 61-63 pickups?

What other uses are there for the 6 in this kit? What years was it used in trucks. Any crossover to passenger car applications?

AMT Trucks were long wheel base, you could use the Model King utility bed version..also the early AMT versions were straight axle, after 1966 F-100's were twin I-beam in front...

28 minutes ago, thatz4u said:

AMT Trucks were long wheel base, you could use the Model King utility bed version..also the early AMT versions were straight axle, after 1966 F-100's were twin I-beam in front...

Thank you. I knew the AMT kits were LWB. But I was hoping the front suspensions would be the same. Oh well.

This particular 6 cylinder engine design (240/300) came out originally in '65, along with the twin I-beams. It was used in trucks until the '90s and was used in full sized cars (galaxie etc) into the '70s. The falcon/mustang/maverick six (144,170,200,250) was a different smaller design.

mike

21 minutes ago, mk11 said:

This particular 6 cylinder engine design (240/300) came out originally in '65, along with the twin I-beams. It was used in trucks until the '90s and was used in full sized cars (galaxie etc) into the '70s. The falcon/mustang/maverick six (144,170,200,250) was a different smaller design.

mike

Thanks for the response Mike. I was hoping it would work in one of the full size cars. I do have a 69 galaxie floating around the stash. Hmm

3 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

My beautiful wife just ordered me on this morning. Scheduled for delivery by May30. Now to get another. Any word on the styleside bed version?

Later-

try customerservice@moebiusmodels.com

Just started building my F-100 Flareside.  There are no painting notes to be found on this kit's instruction sheet, which leads me to a couple of questions:

1).  The built-up box art model shows a Ford Corporate Blue engine block color; thru research I do know that Ford changed it's engine paint colors program starting in 1966 to the Ford Corporate Blue for the 1:1 passenger car motors, but did this also apply to pickup truck engines?  (For some reason, I thought these 1966 240" straight-6 motors were painted in Black)?

2).  Were the wheels always painted in White from the factory, or were they sometimes painted in the 1:1's body paint color?

Any paint color suggestions would be most-welcome; thanks!

On 5/21/2019 at 12:39 PM, mk11 said:

mike

Soooo, can I stick it in the Moebius 65 Comet when i steal the 427 SOHC out of it? Or is this the smaller Falcon/Mustang six? 

Related image

The one in your pic is a good representative of all the compact/mid-size car sixes and is equally at home in all the '60s/'70s falcon/fairlane/comet/mustang/maverick applications.

edit: the 240/300 is wrong for these cars.

Edited by mk11

8 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Soooo, can I stick it in the Moebius 65 Comet when i steal the 427 SOHC out of it? Or is this the smaller Falcon/Mustang six? 

No, the 240/300 six was used in the trucks and full size cars, as was stated in the post you quoted.   The Comet, Falcon, Mustang, Fairlane, etc used the smaller six.