Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is about as close to box-stock as I've gotten on one of these kits in a while. :lol: It was fitted with a straight six, a Revell snow plow, and tires from the Revell first-gen Bronco. Aside from that it was heavily weathered and damaged to represent a well-used old landscaping and plow truck. IMG_8389.thumb.JPG.c6f763f23ad84ac5f9ff424d90cd9991.JPGIMG_8390.thumb.JPG.c3315e695e0ce2e3ef8242393ae3d35b.JPGIMG_8391.thumb.JPG.b65bf191b091e2944e0bbe8b1f6839f4.JPGIMG_8392.thumb.JPG.7cf51aa5323fa3dcaf30e394750b15ed.JPG

Hi Chuck

Nice job on this one (and the rest too!). I'm building this one also and I've got a couple of questions. One, did you take the lower body trim off and was there any problem with the thinness of the plastic? Two, any problems fitting the six in there? I'd rather do that for a base truck.

Thanks

On 5/30/2019 at 3:33 PM, heyjohnxx said:

Hi Chuck

Nice job on this one (and the rest too!). I'm building this one also and I've got a couple of questions. One, did you take the lower body trim off and was there any problem with the thinness of the plastic? Two, any problems fitting the six in there? I'd rather do that for a base truck.

Thanks

No problem with the thickness of the plastic. The only problem with the six in the 4x4 chassis is that it sits up a bit high- notching the oil pan may cure that. 

• 4 weeks later...