Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 377 with sprint car trailer

Hey guys, so this was my most ambitious project since I started really getting into building models a little over a year ago. I started with the Peterbilt 377 kit and scratch built the trailer, this was my second attempt at a trailer, the first one was really bad but I think this one turned out ok, I learned a ton building this and have plans in the future to build a couple more. I want to get a few more shots of the insides of both to share but I ran out of time to take pictures. This is a fantasy build of a car I designed in a game.

_ND88561SM.jpg

_ND88621SM.jpg

_ND88579SM.jpg

_ND88593SM.jpg

_ND88595SM.jpg

Thanks guys! I've always loved the haulers almost as much as the race cars. I wish I had the space to build one for ever sprint car I have!

2 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

Looks great ! I also recognize the livery. ?

I live over by Newport,  where are you at?

I live in Florence now, I grew up in Cottage Grove.

6 hours ago, oldr-n-drt said:

where did yall get the push vehicle at??  good looking rig...….oldr-n-drt

That started life as a golfcart I found on ebay, I ended up cutting it in half and building the box on the back.

This is a very nice looking piece of work.... I, absolutely, LOVE these things.... My favorite build.... As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to get onto another one....

I'm with everyone else.... I really dig the graphics.... Great job, Man.... Great job.... That green is impressive.... Very nice...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 12:30 AM, Stevens19 said:

Hey guys, so this was my most ambitious project since I started really getting into building models a little over a year ago. I started with the Peterbilt 377 kit and scratch built the trailer, this was my second attempt at a trailer, the first one was really bad but I think this one turned out ok, I learned a ton building this and have plans in the future to build a couple more. I want to get a few more shots of the insides of both to share but I ran out of time to take pictures. This is a fantasy build of a car I designed in a game.

_ND88561SM.jpg

_ND88621SM.jpg

_ND88579SM.jpg

_ND88593SM.jpg

_ND88595SM.jpg

How did you get the trailer rap like that? 

I been trying to come up with a idea for a while.