Model Cars Magazine Forum

What the... I never introduced myself??

Nells250

I was just looking around and noticed I don't appear to have ever introduced myself here!  (joined on January 26, 2016)

I'm not good at typing about myself, but I have been building model cars on and off since I was a little girl.  I always blame it on someone buying me a Matchbox car instead of a Barbie doll.  I preferred Matchboxes to Hot Wheels because their detail was better... even back then...

Fast forward and I, alas, don't build much anymore.  Blame it on age, blame it on medications, blame it on lack of funds, blame it on lots of things, but I simply don't feel much like doing anything creative anymore.  And it makes me mad...

ANYHOO, now and then I look around to see what people are building.  I also lurk over at an N-scale model railroad site.  I used to post over at the Scale Auto forum, but the Great Photobucket Debacle has ruined many of those threads.  I MIGHT repost the build info & images here if I think people would be interested, or if they could help other people who may want to build those specific kits.

You can see my model cars (and other stuff) at www.crownvicsetc.com/MyPage.html.  

Sorry it took me so long to say HELLO to everyone!

PS:  If at times my posts seem a bit "touchy", I apologize in advance... 

THANKS folks!  But I think I've already irked some people over in the off-topic section... not even going to read their responses as people today seem highly stressed by any dissenting opinions...

I will try to get some pics together of past builds.  As for the AMC models, until a couple of years ago I actually OWNED a 1:1 one, which is the only reason I ever built any small ones!  :-)  

21 hours ago, Nells250 said:

THANKS folks!  But I think I've already irked some people over in the off-topic section... not even going to read their responses as people today seem highly stressed by any dissenting opinions...

I will try to get some pics together of past builds.  As for the AMC models, until a couple of years ago I actually OWNED a 1:1 one, which is the only reason I ever built any small ones!  :-)  

Model builder and an AMC owner??!! Sweet, nice to have ya here? er nice ya have been here? ahh nice to have ya back? Ahhhh heck, glad ya stuck around!!!!! LOL

I've had various AMC's in my time too. Spirits, Hornets and Concords mostly.. Had a 77 Hornet AMX until it came up missing a month and a half ago but Iwon't get into that mess.... Still a bit irked by that one!!!

19 hours ago, Nells250 said:

YUP... www.maxiblue.homestead.com ...  my boyfriend is down to 2 Javelin AMXs, though one is apart and one is stuck in the garage  ?  

I was checking out Maxi!! Sweet ride for sure!! Love the AMX's in the bright colors..

Hi Jonelle,

I also hang around in the Eastern Mass., and I belong to Norteast NTRAK, and Classic Plastic Model club.  I attend several model train shows in the area (last one was Greenberg show in Wilmington few weeks back), and all the Classic Plastic model exhibitions/contests in early October. I'm the club's photographer.  I also attended the MassCar shows when they were still a club. Have not gone to any of the RTS shows.  I suspect that our paths have crossed at some time, without realizing that we are bot active on this forum.

You wouldn't happen to know Stu Marcus?  He lives in the area, and is also a big fan of full-size Ford sedans.

If you are burned out, one possible way to get you excited again would be to participate in one of our Classic Plastic Club meetings, and see in-person what bunch of highly motivated modelers are up to.  No string attached.  We meet in Lowell, usually on the first Saturday of the month (But it will be 2nd Saturday on January).  You could also bring some of your older models for our show-n-tell. Check out our website (see my signature) and the FB page. Maybe you'll get inspired. :)

Welcome to MCM forums, Jonelle..... and I am sure that you will find lots of topics and friendly members on here to get you building. I think I might have replied to one of your previous posts, but it was in a different category, I seem to remember. Enjoy the MCM experience!

David

On 12/18/2019 at 5:54 PM, peteski said:

Hi Jonelle,

I also hang around in the Eastern Mass., and I belong to Norteast NTRAK, and Classic Plastic Model club....  I suspect that our paths have crossed at some time...  You wouldn't happen to know Stu Marcus?  He lives in the area, and is also a big fan of full-size Ford sedans... If you are burned out, one possible way to get you excited again would be to participate in one of our Classic Plastic Club meetings, and see in-person what bunch of highly motivated modelers are up to.  No string attached.  We meet in Lowell. :)

Ntrack!  I have seen some of the displays they have done in Lexington MA.... possible... I used to attend MASSCAR but was always really nervous there... NO, I don't know Stu but I have heard his name... re: CLUBS I have a difficult time with social things like club meetings... it is very embarrassing... always figured I'd "grow out" of it but it gets WORSE as I age!   I'd like to try one some day, for at least ONE of my hobbies... 

2 hours ago, Nells250 said:

Ntrack!  I have seen some of the displays they have done in Lexington MA.... possible... I used to attend MASSCAR but was always really nervous there... NO, I don't know Stu but I have heard his name... re: CLUBS I have a difficult time with social things like club meetings... it is very embarrassing... always figured I'd "grow out" of it but it gets WORSE as I age!   I'd like to try one some day, for at least ONE of my hobbies... 

Yes, we did display our train layout at the Museum of natural History in Lexington. But for some reason (don't remember) we aren't doing that anymore.  We still do about 10 shows per year (Fall through Spring).

No pressure about joining a club or participating in a meeting.  To me this forum is like a club too, but I guess we stay anonymous behind the keyboard. ;)

• 1 month later...