Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chiefs WIN !!!

shoopdog

15 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Best part is, they won't be playing the Packers!!! :D

Steve

The Packers will be back. They have a good coach. I have been waiting since 89 for the Chiefs. The question I was thinking about will Bill retire if they don’t resign Brady or soon after Brady retires...

Love the Chiefs and we're astatic that they won again.  My only fear is if they lay back like the last two games they may have a hard time putting away the 49'rs. I watched the Packer - 49er game and while neither team would be a walk in the park the 49'rs should not to be dismissed by any means.    

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, OldTrucker said:

I'm happy for Andy Reid!

I didn't watch the whole game but what I saw of it was good from what I did see!

I second this.  I went to watch the game with my buddy that has brain cancer and I stayed until he could not stay awake any longer. After I was home The Chiefs were on the comeback. 

Last night after the CHIEFS won you would think it was the 4th of July. There were industrial strength fire works and one of the neighbors has a Starters Cannon that he likes to fire off on the 4th. The local TV News at 10pm showed the National Weather Service Radar screen that showed the fireworks on the screen there was so much going off.  Very close game all the way and somehow the Chiefs come from behind in the 4th quarter to win. A sad note, I just got on my phone from one of our local TV Stations, "one person killed in a fireworks related incident". Very sad to here this. An interesting piece of trivial for those that don't normally follow the Chiefs. This was Andy Reeds 220 win as a head coach, and the date was 02 - 02 - 2020, not into numerology so I'm not sure if it means anything beyond the date. Big parade on Wednesday, and it's supposed to snow Tuesday night. 

Bill Walsh, the great 49ers coach said that the key to winning is to have a late game pass rush.  I always thought that was an interesting comment from a coach who was a offensive genius, but he is right. 

The San Francisco pass rush had Mahommes looking quite mortal most of the game.  Then in the last 7 minutes of the game, when they needed the pass rush the most, it disappeared.  Don't know if KC finally figured out how to slow them down or they ran out of gas, but Mahommes finally looked comfortable in the pocket and KC dropped the hammer.

Conversely, the KC pass rush came alive during this period too, and Garrappolo was under very intense pressure.  San Francisco could not sustain any drives to score or at least take chunks of time off of the clock. That was the game right there.

Very happy for the KC fanbase. 50 years is a long time to wait. It was a terrific game. And a big round of appause to Demi Lovato for a terrific National Anthem. One of the best I've ever heard.

On a side note, I was very touched over the Pat Tillman moment during the Super Bowl opening montage. It was a very cool thing for the NFL to do.