Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Impala Sport Coupe

avidinha

This is a resin kit of a '71 Impala Sport Coupe. The kit didn't come with windows or a steering wheel so I made the windows and I thought a chain steering wheel would fit the look of a '70s lowrider. The wheels are from a '70 Impala kit, the tires are from a Revell lowrider. The kit came with a chassis, but I had an extra one from a '76 Caprice that was easier to work with, so I used that. I painted the bumpers gloss black then used Molotow chrome. The paint is a '14 Mustang color.

IbxusFF.jpg

Q0qB0Is.jpg

9F0UPVL.jpg

cC9SJOt.jpg

qInwE9G.jpg

1lZcXV9.jpg

r3xem7j.jpg

x6jeBAy.jpg

Pretty cool. Who made that body? The swoop ( or lack of) of the front of the C-pillar makes me think maybe this was mastered from a 4-door body. Any insights on the source?  I like the sport coupes a lot, and would like to have a few more. You did a nice job on this one!

6 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Pretty cool. Who made that body? The swoop ( or lack of) of the front of the C-pillar makes me think maybe this was mastered from a 4-door body. Any insights on the source?  I like the sport coupes a lot, and would like to have a few more. You did a nice job on this one!

Thanks, I got it from Page Resin.

Aside from the 1/4 windows and c-pillars being off so much it looks pretty good

You certinly did a nice job on it.  Was there a lot of flash and thick areas to deal with? 

I see Page has some neat stuff but I'm kinda gun-shy with resin casters I haven't dealt with before.

On 2/13/2020 at 9:50 PM, bisc63 said:

I think whoever did the master just made a mistake in that area,  The shape of the whole 1/4 window is off.  It would be easy enough to fix though. 

Seeing the flat trunk lid [of the correct length] and tulip panel, I wonder if it was mastered from a convertible promo? IIRC, the bottom of the 1/4 window area is done like that on those.

Edited by Can-Con

5 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Aside from the 1/4 windows and c-pillars being off so much it looks pretty good

You certinly did a nice job on it.  Was there a lot of flash and thick areas to deal with? 

I see Page has some neat stuff but I'm kinda gun-shy with resin casters I haven't dealt with before.

Thanks. Here's a picture of the kit when I first got it.

aZNV0HD.jpg

Edited by avidinha