Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Mad Mike' Hughes killed in homemade rocket crash

Mike C

11 hours ago, slusher said:

Too much risk, he had to know that...

Um, you are talking about someone who was convinced that the earth was flat disk with impenetrable ice wall on the edge, and that the moon was a projection.  WHo knows what was going on in his brain.

8 minutes ago, peteski said:

Um, you are talking about someone who was convinced that the earth was flat disk with impenetrable ice wall on the edge, and that the moon was a projection.  WHo knows what was going on in his brain.

We know for a fact that the Earth isn't flat, because if it were, cats would have pushed everything over the edge by now. :lol:

26 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

We know for a fact that the Earth isn't flat, because if it were, cats would have pushed everything over the edge by now. :lol:

Cute, but the impenetrable ice wall at the edge prevents that. Plus cats do not like cold. ;)

Then, if the Earth was actually spherical, wouldn't cats try to roll it and unwind its yarn? :P

Silly theories! Doesn't everybody know by now that the Earth is a donut-shaped?

image1-1541499142.gif

3 hours ago, peteski said:

Cute, but the impenetrable ice wall at the edge prevents that. Plus cats do not like cold. ;)

Then, if the Earth was actually spherical, wouldn't cats try to roll it and unwind its yarn? :P

Silly theories! Doesn't everybody know by now that the Earth is a donut-shaped?

image1-1541499142.gif

That shape is officially called a Torus. Crazier things are still being taught in school, in high school AP biology as a matter of fact. 

Edited by drummerdad
weird quote box

On 2/28/2020 at 3:13 AM, peteski said:

While this is  an excellent contender, we are only 2 months  into 2020 - there might be someone even crazier getting ready to compete for the award.  But I do have to admit that Mad Mike will be hard to beat. :)

If you had bothered to read the post, I said it was for the month of Febuary. I was going on the premiss it was awarded on a monthly basis.

It has since started to come out that he wasn't really a flat earther, he was just using them to fund his amateur rocket/stunt man career. He had setup a kickstarter for a new rocket that failed, then he tried again saying it was to prove the earth was flat and it succeeded so he kept it going.

4 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

It has since started to come out that he wasn't really a flat earther, he was just using them to fund his amateur rocket/stunt man career. He had setup a kickstarter for a new rocket that failed, then he tried again saying it was to prove the earth was flat and it succeeded so he kept it going.

Thats probably accurate. There are safer and easier way to snap a picture of the curvature (or lack thereof) of the earth. I watched a show on netflix, called beyond the curve, or behind the curve, and it was about the flat earth society and a few of its members. The best part was when they got their super expensive laser to measure the flatness of the earth, and the math showed it to be curved they were all like "well, this laser was made by people who believe the earth is round, so they may have built it in a way to re-enforce their theory." Those people have serious credulity problems. 

11 minutes ago, drummerdad said:

The best part was when they got their super expensive laser to measure the flatness of the earth, and the math showed it to be curved they were all like "well, this laser was made by people who believe the earth is round, so they may have built it in a way to re-enforce their theory." Those people have serious credulity problems. 

And remember, they're allowed to vote! :blink:

48 minutes ago, drummerdad said:

Thats probably accurate. There are safer and easier way to snap a picture of the curvature (or lack thereof) of the earth. I watched a show on netflix, called beyond the curve, or behind the curve, and it was about the flat earth society and a few of its members. The best part was when they got their super expensive laser to measure the flatness of the earth, and the math showed it to be curved they were all like "well, this laser was made by people who believe the earth is round, so they may have built it in a way to re-enforce their theory." Those people have serious credulity problems. 

I watched that too, most of those people need serious medication. They exhibit a lot of the signs of mental illness.

2 hours ago, drummerdad said:

I saw "Behind The Curve" too. Actually those idiots used the $20K laser gyroscope to attempt to prove that the earth is stationary. They said if the earth is rotating on the 24 hr/day cycle it should move 15° per hour (yes, that actually is correct). So that is the results they got by doing the experiment twice and they just were't happy with the results and wanted to do the experiment again to get the results they want. There's something seriously wrong with those people. Watch these morons. You'll do some eye rolling and face palming.

Edited by Mike C

3 hours ago, Mike C said:

There's something seriously wrong with those people. Watch these morons. You'll do some eye rolling and face palming.

I have ceased to be amazed at the silly-ass things that some people (FAR too many) believe. 

It's just a matter of time before their parents will evict them from their respective basements. The gray suit and 1970s-era Telly Savalas-style giant knot necktie that the toilet brush-headed loser on the right is wearing looks like what you'd receive upon release from the Mattewan State Hospital for the Criminally Insane.

2 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

It's just a matter of time before their parents will evict them from their respective basements. The gray suit and 1970s-era Telly Savalas-style giant knot necktie that the toilet brush-headed loser on the right is wearing looks like what you'd receive upon release from the Mattewan State Hospital for the Criminally Insane.

Yeah, these people aren't playing with a full deck, they're not running on all 8 cylinders, the elevator isn't reaching the top floor, etc..... And they're just plain dumber than a box of rocks.

16 hours ago, drummerdad said:

Unfortunately there are lots of "those" people in this world, and from what I am seeing around me, their number is increasing

16 hours ago, Snake45 said:

And remember, they're allowed to vote! :blink:

Again, unfortunately true.

• 1 year later...