Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jada 1958 Cadillac done

randyc

Well, it's done and I'm posting it here in the diecast section.  Paint has some small issues.  Foiling those side little chrome pieces wasn't easy.  It's got several issues, but will look good on display.  

IMG_20200503_145235739.jpg

IMG_20200503_145155697.jpg

IMG_20200503_145244265.jpg

IMG_20200503_145207903.jpg

IMG_20200503_145215200.jpg

IMG_20200503_145227658.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Cool! It looks great

20 hours ago, slusher said:

Looks great! Nice work!

Thanks guys! 

I have it between a Danbury Mint 59 Impala convertible and Franklin Mint 56 Continental.  And it fits right in without looking like a cheap diecast.   So to me, it's a WINNER.  (The Winner by Bobby Bare springs to mind).   Some folk might not approve, but hey, it's my collection, right?!  ?

I'm almost done with the 1/24 Strat that came with the Dodge Magnum kit.  Painted to match mine of course.  I have a sunburst too, but thought the blue one should go with the Caddy.  Plus the wife bought me the blue one.  

So far, the family loves the Caddy too.  getting lots of positive comments on it with it sitting between two Mint cars.   They comment based on appearance.  They have no idea the difference in a Mint car and a $10 diecast.  They just know "pretty" which is fine by me.   I like it sitting with the others.