Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1966 Oldsmobile 442

bogger44

The clean finishes thru out this build really make it stand out. Way back when many Oldsmobile dealers ordered their stock inventory with Luxury type 442. I think to many of them didn't know from a 98 from a Cutless let alone a 442. 

WOW!!! I want it..........the real one that is?.          I have th 67 kit to build. I remember back in 67 looking at a  67 W-30 at the Olds dealer  in New Orleans. It was obviously gonna be a drag car because I remember it was a stripper. It was yellow.    

Very nice work.

17 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

That is very nice, I'd be proud to have that in my cabinet. Great colour choice, quite subtle.

What paint did you use on the vinyl top and interior?

Thanks a lot.  I used Duplicolor DSGM302 Light Blue Metallic for the interior.  I'm not sure if they still make it as it's a pretty old can I've got (almost empty too ?).  For the roof, first was a coat of Rustoleum textured paint (mine happens to be dark pewter) followed by a couple coats of Krylon Satin Black, finally topped with a coat of Testors flat clear lacquer as the satin black had quite a bit of gloss to it.

Many thanks guys, glad you like it.