Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Corvette 427 Convertable-Finished Today

TransAmMike

1 minute ago, TransAmMike said:

Thanks "Snake".  Yep, the fiddly bits were a pain.  It started off as  a quick and easy build the got a lot slower when the small parts body parts were being put on.

If you want a nice quick and easy Vette project, pick up one of the Revell '63 snappers. I've done four of them now and haven't even painted them, just polished the plastic. They sit proudly on my shelf with my "good" builds. B)

Looks good to me! Great contrast between the black paintwork and red interior.

I'm just about to start work on a '65 - I hope I can get the paint to go down nicely without too much need for polishing as that shapely bodywork looks like it could be a challenge. Did yours need much polishing?

Great looking and very clean build. I like the showroom style build. The ride height might be a little high but not enough to worry about. The Red Line Tires are period perfect on this. 

Thanks Guys for all the kind replies.  We have a saying in our household about cars,  any color looks good as long as it's black LOL.

Nigel, the black was a bit of a challenge to get most of the orange peel out and gotta be real carfull on the excess of raised panel lines. Lately I've taken the simple approach to painting.... rattle can Krylon.  

And Joe thanks again, on to the TransAm model we've talked about. Of course, since my real car is black, so will the  model.

Nice clean build mike. Can't beat the classic red/black color combo. Looks great on your build. If I had this kit in the stash, the side pipes would have gone on my coupe.Yeah, the hood was a problem for both of us. Funny these where posted just days apart.

Nice work. That Monogram kit is so good that it almost builds itself but when it comes to fitting the chassis/interior/body together you cross your fingers and say a little prayer because those elements fit together so tightly that the smallest mistake previously made can now pop up and bite you......... Good luck on the coupe, its an equally nice kit.