Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 C8 Corvette – 1/24

Gramps46

2020 C8 Corvette – 1/24

Motor Max has released the new 2020 Corvette. 

20200702_163124.jpg.2bcabd62e7ad80d61dbd166605b521e7.jpg

It is available from the usual vendors for less than the cost including shipping of a kit and comes in red, blue, black, and white with gray accents.

20200702_173532.jpg.078d191cda3ef9fce3161cc813b95e8b.jpg

I chose the white because that is my favorite Corvette color and I found online pictures of the Corvette with the factory option gray accents.

20200702_163458.jpg.d6d190fe31e78895619b1c07034b2731.jpg

20200702_173545.jpg.a03156ca9de3e67d94097d63e07831f1.jpg

The 1/24 diecast comes with a black interior and only opening doors.

20200702_173629.jpg.36c2b9c75b491d06c518fd36426c7971.jpg

I am pretty excited to add this new generation to my Corvette 1/24 diecast collection.  I see Maisto is releasing a 1/18 scale Limited Edition through Sam’s Club (orange) and Costco (yellow).

I saw my first 1:1 in the wild last Sunday on the way to the Sonoma Coast. It was bright blue and very striking, but I don't think I am in love.....

Glad to see that the diecast companies are getting them out there where the plastic fears to tread.

• 1 month later...

that's darker than the one Cleetus MacFarland has in his videos - I really like the blue though.   I saw a real un on teh highway yesterday.   Going the other way - white with a red stripe on top and decals on the doors - promotional vehicle of some sort I guess.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 8:55 PM, THarrison351 said:

They are at Wally World! At least Red and Blue versions at one of the seven in Wichita, KS. I liked the Blue over the Red. $10 in the cheap standard MotoMax open cardboard box.

2v2H423WdxAVNRq.jpg

Had occasion to go to the Walmart across town today and they had these in red and blue. I got a metallic blue one--the paint job looks pretty good. Now to do my net research so I can what I have to do to Snake-Fu it. 

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Had occasion to go to the Walmart across town today and they had these in red and blue. I got a metallic blue one--the paint job looks pretty good. Now to do my net research so I can what I have to do to Snake-Fu it. 

Repaint in a solid blue?   Then blue/gray interior.   I really didn't want to like the C8, but am being swayed over to it.   I watched a couple Cleetus MacFarland vids of his new blue C8 this morning.  Lots of interior shown in those.  And  11.3 quarter mile times with 3 different drivers.  His girlfried turned the best time, like an 11.35 and had never run a drag strip before.  All thre runs were 11.35, 11.36, and 11.37 at 117 and change - pretty consistent, no matter the driver.   And only like 300 miles on the car.  0 - 60 of less than 3 seconds?  Wow.  I had a motorcycle that quick once.   It's impressive to feel.

Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Got mine today at Walmart, went with the red. At $10, I will probably get the other colors if they turn up. Sam's Club has the 1/18 Maisto models. So far they have red and highlighter yellow with graphite stripes. I heard there is a Sam's Club exclusive color (orange?), but I haven't seen it yet. I would really like a nice plastic kit of the C8, it would be awesome if Tamiya would do it. Not holding my breath though......

On 8/26/2020 at 4:30 PM, randyc said:

Repaint in a solid blue?   Then blue/gray interior.  

Why repaint it? The paint is fine and looks good. Not gonna worry about the interior. 

Just did some research and I can only find 3 things to Snake-Fu: Front side lights/turn signals amber; black exhaust tip internals, and matte black on the glossy black plastic grille parts in the front end. 

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Why repaint it? The paint is fine and looks good. Not gonna worry about the interior. 

Just did some research and I can only find 3 things to Snake-Fu: Front side lights/turn signals amber; black exhaust tip internals, and matte black on the glossy black plastic grille parts in the front end. 

That was tongue in cheek because the color is not accurate for real ones.  

17 minutes ago, randyc said:

That was tongue in cheek because the color is not accurate for real ones.  

I dunno. I found a bunch of pics online that were very very similar, maybe a shade darker. Not worth repainting. Chevy might offer this very color for 2021, who knows? B)

BTW, mine is a darker blue than the one pictured above. Way darker.