Model Cars Magazine Forum

Very sad and worried about my Mother

slusher

It's tough Carl, but sometimes I have to remember what I heard once many years ago.

"Life is terminal. None of us get out of it alive."

I know there is nothing that can be said to ease the pain of losing a loved one, especially when you have to watch it unfold, but I just have to tell myself that death is just another part of life, and something that we all must go through, very likely numerous times throughout our lives.

I lost my father at the age of 57 back in 1995.

He was diabetic and was dying of kidney failure at home in a bed placed in the dining room of his home while we all stood by and waited for the inevitable to happen.

I was there when the end came with my mother, my wife and 2 very young children.

It was not an easy thing to endure, but I am glad that I was there.

His legacy is that I find myself thinking about him very often, so in my mind, he lives on.

Hang in there my friend.

What will be, will be.

Unfortunately, there is nothing else that we can do.

Steve

14 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Sorry to hear the news.I lost my mother to cancer,of course,in 2015.I Hope your mother fully recovers.

Thank you, Ron

On 7/30/2020 at 5:21 AM, tbill said:

So sorry to hear Carl, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers .

thanks Tom!

6 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

It's tough Carl, but sometimes I have to remember what I heard once many years ago.

"Life is terminal. None of us get out of it alive."

I know there is nothing that can be said to ease the pain of losing a loved one, especially when you have to watch it unfold, but I just have to tell myself that death is just another part of life, and something that we all must go through, very likely numerous times throughout our lives.

I lost my father at the age of 57 back in 1995.

He was diabetic and was dying of kidney failure at home in a bed placed in the dining room of his home while we all stood by and waited for the inevitable to happen.

I was there when the end came with my mother, my wife and 2 very young children.

It was not an easy thing to endure, but I am glad that I was there.

His legacy is that I find myself thinking about him very often, so in my mind, he lives on.

Hang in there my friend.

What will be, will be.

Unfortunately, there is nothing else that we can do.

Steve

Thank you Steve, for sharing that with me. My dad died at 66 of Lung disease from coal dust. I. Was 18. I think of him everyday. And things he would say. Again thank you.

I found out today with my brother, mother is going into a nursing home for the rest of her life. She is not making any progress and some days for therapy she shakes her head no. She can’t talk, she is on a feeding tube for good, and has to be changed. For some reason I knew there was a high chance of this when I called the ambulance to get her. She.may be just 6 miles from me if they can get her there. I could have her close to me and my brother. I feel close to you guys and I am on here a lot. All of you are friends and one of these days at Atlanta model show I want too meet as many of my model brothers as I can....God Bess all of you guys!

Best of luck to you family Carl, times like these can be difficult on everyone in the family. My Mom was bed and wheel chair bound for the last few years of her life and in and out of the Hospitals and nursing homes much of the last 8+ years and we were expecting that again in January instead of losing her. It’s good you’re so close to the home she’s now to, that makes going to see her that much easier!

6 hours ago, slusher said:

I found out today with my brother, mother is going into a nursing home for the rest of her life. She is not making any progress and some days for therapy she shakes her head no. She can’t talk, she is on a feeding tube for good, and has to be changed. For some reason I knew there was a high chance of this when I called the ambulance to get her. She.may be just 6 miles from me if they can get her there. I could have her close to me and my brother. I feel close to you guys and I am on here a lot. All of you are friends and one of these days at Atlanta model show I want too meet as many of my model brothers as I can....God Bess all of you guys!

?? You hang in there sir.... We're all with ya!....

On 8/1/2020 at 1:30 AM, Joe Handley said:

Best of luck to you family Carl, times like these can be difficult on everyone in the family. My Mom was bed and wheel chair bound for the last few years of her life and in and out of the Hospitals and nursing homes much of the last 8+ years and we were expecting that again in January instead of losing her. It’s good you’re so close to the home she’s now to, that makes going to see her that much easier!

Joe, I remember your Mom being sick for long time. Thanks Joe !

23 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

?? You hang in there sir.... We're all with ya!....

Thanks Guido!

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 12:16 AM, slusher said:

Thank you Steve, for sharing that with me. My dad died at 66 of Lung disease from coal dust. I. Was 18. I think of him everyday. And things he would say. Again thank you.

Lost my dad 5 years ago, he too was 66 and died from lung disease. His was Mesothelioma from being in the Navy and factories there after. Too young to pass and like yours he is missed every day!!! Remember the memories!!

Carl, I just came across this post and also wish to pass along my best wishes and prayers for strength to watch this unfold.  I watched my 86 year old father pass from a three month long bout with kidney failure.  Now I am watching my lovely wife of 38 years struggle with terminal bone and liver cancer.  Life seems to be unfair, but when we consider what is to come, then the pain seems to be more bearable.  GOD will get us through these ordeals.

On 8/5/2020 at 8:59 AM, DrKerry said:

Lost my dad 5 years ago, he too was 66 and died from lung disease. His was Mesothelioma from being in the Navy and factories there after. Too young to pass and like yours he is missed every day!!! Remember the memories!!

I Talk about him and things he tought me all the time. The memories are good ones.

11 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

Wow, my dad passed away at '66 also in 2004.... ? 

Makes me wonder if I only have 6 years left.....

I wouldn’t think that. My dad died 37 years ago, they could have helped him more today..

11 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Carl, I just came across this post and also wish to pass along my best wishes and prayers for strength to watch this unfold.  I watched my 86 year old father pass from a three month long bout with kidney failure.  Now I am watching my lovely wife of 38 years struggle with terminal bone and liver cancer.  Life seems to be unfair, but when we consider what is to come, then the pain seems to be more bearable.  GOD will get us through these ordeals.

God bless you! My prayers are with your wife and you.

9 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Hang in there Carl. She'll be in our thoughts. 

Hopeing for the best. 

Thank you Steve..

These events will be visited upon me in the not too distant future, you have my sympathies and best wishes.

Try to remember your mother's spirit as she was, her world is closing in on her and that's very hard for anyone to deal with.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:35 AM, Deuces ll said:

Wow, my dad passed away at '66 also in 2004.... ? 

Makes me wonder if I only have 6 years left.....

NO! Make it your goal to surpass the 66 age, Take care of yourself, visit the doc yearly, and drink wisely. If you're a smoker, that puts you at a disadvantage. Hang in there as you can do it. My dad passed at age 57, and bingo my goal was to surpass 57 which I did and to retire before I expired which I did also. While I do have health issues at my age, I do thank God for each and every day.

6 hours ago, blunc said:

These events will be visited upon me in the not too distant future, you have my sympathies and best wishes.

Try to remember your mother's spirit as she was, her world is closing in on her and that's very hard for anyone to deal with.

Thank you Mike, it really does mean a lot...