Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hard_2_Handle_454

Been wanting one in the collection for awhile.  The kit isn't bad.  Still AMT puzzles me with their kits.  You finally start to put side mirrors with the kit.  Excellent.  You also add decals that are more than lisence plates and race decals.  Awesome!  However, once placed on the model you can barely see the decal.  Not cool.  Also, you have headlight lenses for the custom kit, but not the stock version.  WTF?!

50283189916_7f56a5a992_k.jpgSAM_0089 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

50283190186_01acbcaf6c_k.jpgSAM_0090 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

50283345902_e4cdcf6593_k.jpgSAM_0091 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

50283345792_0f353ecc31_k.jpgSAM_0092 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

50283345647_1893153213_k.jpgSAM_0093 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

Great looking Galaxy and the colors really work together. One thing to remember about this kit. The tool dates back to 1963 when AMT was doing annuals of many of the popular cars of the day. The molds are now owned by Round 2 and they are reissuing these kits with some more update additions but they still are more than 50 years old. Kind of amazing that they are as nice as they are and you can see how far model kits have advance in that time. Looking at them today they do seem rather primitive compared to the more current molds of today. 

I love the color combination you used on this build David.  I too have assembled this model.  Mine was labeled the Premier edition if I remember correctly.  There is a lot of foiling involved and yours looks terrific.  Did you used the foil under paint technique for the badging?

3 hours ago, Slimguy said:

I love the color combination you used on this build David.  I too have assembled this model.  Mine was labeled the Premier edition if I remember correctly.  There is a lot of foiling involved and yours looks terrific.  Did you used the foil under paint technique for the badging?

No, never tried foiling before. 

3 hours ago, Slimguy said:

I agree about the color combination. I think the kit you are referring to is a Prestige kit. I built one of those years ago. It's the first one I used BMF on. Lotta foil goes on this FORD!

18 hours ago, Bucky said:

I agree about the color combination. I think the kit you are referring to is a Prestige kit. I built one of those years ago. It's the first one I used BMF on. Lotta foil goes on this FORD!

Correct Keith...I you are correct..it was Prestige!  I struggled with the foil on that one...especially around some of the Windows..