Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM #208 is HERE!

The proprietors of my LHS don't believe in magazines, so I ordered a copy online. Informed Delivery says it will be in my mailbox today.

Really wish it could be in B&N again, but I understand the issues (no pun intended) that would cause. 

On 4/14/2021 at 2:18 PM, BDSchindler said:

Larry...got my copy today and thumbed through and read a few of the articles. Nice to see this magazine getting back on its feet.  Well laid out with great, well rounded and detailed content regardless of the model building skill level of the reader.

There’s something for everyone interested in the automotive modeling hobby!

One thing I noticed, besides the great coverage, was the quality of the paper stock. I wrote for Toy Cars and Models until it’s death a few years ago and always hated the thin rag that was used. Barely heavier than glossy toilet paper!

It was one of the things that when I was writing for the ungodly mis-managed “The Car Room Magazine” that was focused on was the use of heavier rag closer to what Hot Rod Journal used.

Helps to instill quality in the magazine (eh, when managed correctly, that is)

Like the previous issue, great job!

Looking forward to the next issue!

Hi Brian,

Many thanks for the kind words. 

The paper stock issue will be addressed in the not too distant future.  Its on the "to-do" list, though I can't say exactly WHEN.

Best regards,

#208 is a good issue. CONGRATS on the hard work by all involved.

ONE thing I did not think was great was some content from the MCM website. I can see why some of this was used......but as more original content becomes available I hope new issues are all new.

Again thanks to the folks that provide us this magazine......I still like holding paper in my hands and spending time reading. 

4 hours ago, larrygre said:

Hi Brian,

Many thanks for the kind words. 

The paper stock issue will be addressed in the not too distant future.  Its on the "to-do" list, though I can't say exactly WHEN.

Best regards,

Larry, please don't get me wrong...I thought the quality of the paper was above par.  All things considered, the magazine is impressive and informative with lots of great content and not boring in the slightest. 

Every time I finished an article, I'm reminded of the words my female English Professor, Miss Rankin, told me..."Any short story (or article in this case) should be like a woman's hemline...long enough to cover the subject and just short enough to hold your attention and still be interesting!" I have to admit, her physical demonstration of that definition helped to instill that in my head!  Well worth the price of admission...er, ah...tuition! 

Best 3 credit course I ever took!

#208 arrived in central Indiana today. The PO treated my copy rather roughly; it looks like it got caught in the machinery somewhere along the line. Fortunately all the pages are there and readable. Lots of good stuff inside. JIM

13 minutes ago, Paul Payne said:think picking out projects from the forum is a stroke of genius! The coverage

Absolutely!  This board is a valuable resource to the magazine. Only natural to find talent here and expand posts into articles! Not everyone is on the boards. 

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Is Canada still there? :D

I live here and I'am wondering too with our Prime Minister and the government..Canada, land of Rainbow Horses and Pink Unicornes..Can't wait to see my grand kids in Minneapolis if its still there..

Steve

4 minutes ago, moparfarmer said:

Minneapolis is still there, but I don't know if you would want to show your face there right now anyway with all of the rioting. :rolleyes:

Sure would like to see all of you guys at the NNL North show in Bloomington in May, but it's not looking good, is it.

Steve

8 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Minneapolis is still there, but I don't know if you would want to show your face there right now anyway with all of the rioting. :rolleyes:

Sure would like to see all of you guys at the NNL North show in Bloomington in May, but it's not looking good, is it.

Steve

Not at this time, I'am hoping I can get down late 2021 or early 2022..My passport expires Dec 2023 so Canada owes me almost two years..Hope you do well at the show as I imagine you will..take care and stay healthy..

GOT MY COPY Sat. My wife made me put it down and come to supper Sat. night. She made me put it down and come to bed. She told me she'd better not see it again for the rest of the weekend or she was going to see a lawyer. I'm still weighing my potions! 

I love the new issue!

One question: are there guidelines or requirements for having our forum builds appear in the magazine? I saw those pics and really enjoyed that section of the magazine, would love to get one of mine in there one day. Just wondering about requirements.