Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1969 Buick Riviera

AMT68

9 hours ago, e30lover said:

Beautifully done! The color really works well. 

Thanks Chang, I'm mostly satisfied with this one though there is always room for improvement. 

9 hours ago, thatz4u said:

what they all said x2, looks real

Thank you Al. 

On 4/23/2021 at 10:27 PM, BeakDoc said:

Gorgeous, clean, showroom Riv. I love it!

Thanks Chris I do prefer the showroom look even if it's not completely accurate.

18 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

Thank you Chris. 

6 hours ago, carrucha said:

Cool Rivi.  I really dig the body color.

Thanks Hector, I have about a half of a can left so probably one more model in this color. 

17 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking paint and trim. The lighter color looks perfect on this style build. I like the detailing of the parking lights in the grill area as well. 

Thanks David. I always prefer to detail the parking lights in that manner even if the color isn't factory correct. 

Wow! Amazing build/paint/ finish. One of the best BMF applications I’ve seen on this forum, particularly the large areas on the lower portions of the body, not a wrinkle in sight. Especially that last photo where the lower areas of the body reflect the pebbles on the ground like a glass mirror! What’s your secret(s) to such perfect BMF? 

12 minutes ago, papajohn97 said:

Wow! Amazing build/paint/ finish. One of the best BMF applications I’ve seen on this forum, particularly the large areas on the lower portions of the body, not a wrinkle in sight. Especially that last photo where the lower areas of the body reflect the pebbles on the ground like a glass mirror! What’s your secret(s) to such perfect BMF? 

Thanks John. The foil on the lower body while satisfactory isn't perfect in terms of being completely mirror like. While I wet sanded those areas smooth the foil itself seemed to have a slight orange peel after it was burnished.  So the only advice I can offer is to simply have the surface perfectly smooth. There are others here with more experience than myself who could offer you more suggestions. 

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Super nice job. Quick question about the body. While inspecting mine it appears I have two slight sink hole marks on the trunk right above where the screw hole posts are. Did you have those on yours as well?

Thanks Jerry and yes they had the sink marks. One wasn't that bad so I was able to sand the surrounding area to make it less visible and the other was filled with Tamiya putty. I also used the putty on the passenger front fender to cover the sink mark at the radiator support. I've done a few of these with a few more to go and they all basically have the same body defects that need some attention.