Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2021 Elenore The truck Freightliner FLC (Not Elenore)

So, I started  out to build a modern version of Elenore from The Great Smokey Roadblock movie. However as I got into it, it just was not going to be a good tribute. So, I built it as this truck instead. 

Mostly OBB, AMT FLC (Italeri) with Moebius 53 foot trailer. The trailer is all OBB except for the decals, they came from an Italeri traier kit. The truck is also mostly OBB, with Aluminum exhaust stacks, real rubber mud flaps, dechromed fuel tanks and AMT tail lights. AMT/Italeri trucks don't need much to make look good. 

Truck paint is Dupli-color Dark Garnet Red Pearl (Chrysler) with Dupli-color Pewter Metalic (GM) frame. The trailer is also Pewter Metalic. 

As this truck is an FLC from the 1980's, I buit it as a well taken care of, but used truck. Light weathering on the engine shows its age as well as a slightly weathered frame. 

20210618_151225.jpg

20210618_151234.jpg

20210618_151250.jpg

20210618_151313.jpg

20210618_151345.jpg

20210618_151328.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 6:14 PM, doorsovdoon said:

I like this! The outdoor shots look amazing! Very nice.

Very good looking rig - looks like it is parked ouside a small trucker's cafe down in the south west (sceneries from the movie "Duel" come to my mind...beware of rattlesnakes!)

Ohhh!! That looks so good... Amazing how those Italeri decals work on that Moebius... Such a nice job... That FLC looks great pulling it... Just beautiful.... All I can say is, "Thank you, Moebius"... These trailers make everything we have look awesome, now... You can't even tell it's a 1/25 scale trailer on a 1/24 scale truck... Those color choices flow very well, together...Just looks AMAZING!!! Excellent work, Man... And I agree... Great photography...

Edited by kilrathy10

Thank you everyone, both the AMT/Italeri truck and the Moebius trailer built up with no issues. Both are quality kits and can be made to look great with very little skill or effort. 
I highly recommend both kits. 
I only made minor changes to suit my tastes, otherwise they are box stock kits. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...