Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1968 Dodge Dart GTS Restomod/Restified?

Dragonhawk1066

This is one of the five bodies I painted last month for cold weather building. The paint is Tamiya TS-53 Deep Metallic Blue and cleared with Tamiya TS-13 Clear Gloss. My original plan was to use the 5-spoke Weld Pro-Star type wheel, but after airbrushing a few other sets of wheels I wanted to compare them to the Weld Draglite style. I still prefer the Pro-Star's, but the Draglites look pretty good too. I'll definitely find something to put them on later. I got the wheels from Morgan Automotive Detail and airbrushed them straight over the washed and dried resin with Molotow Chrome from my refill bottle. In hindsight, I should have primed them and blew any dust off before painting to avoid any imperfections. I still have another set of each, so I may try to get the other set of Pro-Star's done to see if they'll come out better. I took this morning to wet-sand and polish the clear. I used 4000 and 6000 sandpaper, and switched to Micro Mesh Polishing Pads for the 8000 1nd 12000, followed by a polishing with Novus #2. Next will be bare Metal Foil for the trim.

DSCN8902.JPG

DSCN8905.JPG

DSCN8903.JPG

DSCN8906.JPG

DSCN8909.JPG

DSCN8908.JPG

DSCN8924.JPG

DSCN8922.JPG

DSCN8914.JPG

DSCN8913.JPG

DSCN8919.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

@Dragonhawk1066, That's a stunner ! Personally , I prefer the first set of wheels ; they compliment the car's boxy lines better than the second set of wheels .

What're your plans for the interior ? The factory offered white with red accents ( dash , console , carpet , etc. ) .

Thanks! Yes, the first set is the wheel of choice on this one, and it's just going to be a black interior. I thought about white seats and door panels, but all black suits the general look I'm after.

• Like 1

The trim got Bare Metal Foiled on Monday, followed by a wax with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. I got the interior finished up this morning, and also finished the motor. It's just setting in the chassis for now, and it looks like it needs a few touch-ups and I have to paint the oil filter yet. Next up is to get the "glass" in the body and get it ready to mate with the interior and chassis.

DSCN8926.JPG

DSCN8927.JPG

DSCN8943.JPG

DSCN8947.JPG

DSCN8950.JPG

DSCN8951.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066