Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rust-Oleum won't give me straight answers to my questions about Testors enamel weights.

On 11/10/2021 at 3:46 PM, Plumcrazy Preston said:

Painting is pure physics, algebra, meteorology and chemistry. 

Visit couple of local automotive body shops and ask the guys that paint the cars whether what you stated is true.  You know? Those professional spray painters? I can just see them rolling on the floor laughing. Seriously dude!! Wake up!

Also, there are professional auto body people who are members here, and lots and lots of modelers who produce superb airbrushed and rattle-can paint jobs.  LISTEN TO THEM, AND SKIP THE "pure physics, algebra, meteorology and chemistry" stuff.  Someone here needs a dope-slap here (and it's not me). 

• Haha 1

Well, going back and reading this thread it looks like some of you have veered off into the trolling/abusive behavior category. I would suggest everyone stop doing that, we are going to start cracking down on that type of behavior.

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

On 11/10/2021 at 12:46 PM, Plumcrazy Preston said:

I'm a former automobile mechanic by trade. I had torque wrench's, hole gauges, thickness gauges, dial indicators, steel rulers and shop manuals with printed data in them to work with. Painting is pure physics, algebra, meteorology and chemistry. 

Look temperature and humidity and consistency are important and can be quantified. However the majority of painting success is technique. That is something that can't be quantified it has to be learned. The only way to develop technique is hands on experience. Start painting. Otherwise you are wasting your  time.

Edited by bobthehobbyguy

I think the time may have come where it’s just time to ignore the OP, let him go through all of his goof ball gyrations, and see if he actually produces anything.

He told me a couple of days ago, and I  quote,

“I beg your pardon? I can post photos of what I’ve done if you wish to see them.”

To which I replied, “By all means, let’s see them.”

What have I seen so far?

Yes, you guessed it.......a whole lot of nothing.

Par for the course. 😑

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller
  • Like 1

But Steve he is working at his typical  pace to produce and post those pictures. At this point in time he is requesting information from the manufacturer of his camera for the optimal conditions for taking pictures with his camera. He will have to wait to get those optimal conditions. Then he will need to contact his computer provider for the ideal way to transfer said pictures to this site. I'm sure someday will will see those pictures. 

Edited by bobthehobbyguy
  • Haha 1