Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC dodge Monaco trio

happy grumpy

Ok, for those who have expressed concerned about all those cars seen at this old warehouse. I called the cops to investigate what’s going on in this building. However, after a short inspection, it was found that it’s just a bunch of old chaps meeting and babbling about their hobby and models. Crazy, right? A bunch of old folks playing with small cars. Oh well, carry on, nothing to see here, there’s nothing going on here.

… or is there??

The cars are MPC’s dodge Monaco . I don’t know how many re-issues there is out there but it’s basically the same old kit. I don’t know about the most recent one though, all I know is that it has new tires and light bar. For the undercover cars I used the excellent cop wheels and tires from Fireball Modelworks.

As always, thanks for looking and for your inspiration.

dodge monaco 78 green 11.jpg

dodge monaco 1978 cop group 01.jpg

dodge monaco 1978 cop group 02.jpg

dodge monaco 1978 cop group 03.jpg

• Like 7

Sweet lookin’ Mopars you got there Mario. You’re correct about the most recent reissue, it has narrower wheels and tires compared to previous releases. I first became acquainted with this body style of Monaco/Fury when I was a kid watching them being used as crash fodder in A-Team reruns on TV. 

Thank you all for your kind comments. I like to use a background to put the car in context. Right now up here in Montréal, outside shooting is a no no . Come summer I will try to take more outside shots as I like to use real backgrounds and play with camera angles and settings to make it more realistic. In the mean time it will be inside for the time being.

I wish you all a great 2022.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:09 PM, Smoke Wagon said:

Sweet lookin’ Mopars you got there Mario. You’re correct about the most recent reissue, it has narrower wheels and tires compared to previous releases. I first became acquainted with this body style of Monaco/Fury when I was a kid watching them being used as crash fodder in A-Team reruns on TV. 

LOL, I thought you were going to say that you first became acquainted with these cars in a different manner - mainly the back seat.  :)

21 hours ago, steveracer said:

LOL, I thought you were going to say that you first became acquainted with these cars in a different manner - mainly the back seat.

Haha. I think a police department would’ve been getting asked some serious questions if they were still rolling Monacos next to their Caprices and Crown Vics.