Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Impala convertible in snow crest white

YBlock292

Gorgeous build! The interior is particularly well painted and detailed and nice that it’s a convertible so you can show it off. I’m also impressed with how nicely the hood with those chrome “eyebrows” fit so nicely with the front end of the body and grill which, based on other Monogram/ Revell ‘59 Impala builds I’ve seen posted, these features don’t always fit so well out of the box. I have a hardtop version of this kit in my stash but would love to find and build a convertible now after seeing your beautiful result.

Edited by papajohn97
Spelling corrections

Hi Ludwig,

another great build with a beautiful color combo and superb detailing!

On 1/28/2022 at 2:33 AM, papajohn97 said:

Gorgeous build! The interior is particularly well painted and detailed and nice that it’s a convertible so you can show it off. I’m also impressed with how nicely the hood with those chrome “eyebrows” fit so nicely with the front end of the body and grill which, based on other Monogram/ Revell ‘59 Impala builds I’ve seen posted, these features don’t always fit so well out of the box. I have a hardtop version of this kit in my stash but would love to find and build a convertible now after seeing your beautiful result.

This pretty much sums it up! I started the 59 hardtop build around this time last year but I didn't like the way the "chrome eyebrows" should be built. So I out the kit away for a year. Inspired by your convertible build, I worked something out now but will do the model curbside-style, so with no engine and the hood shut.

• 3 weeks later...