Model Cars Magazine Forum

73 Century GS

That is to my eyes..............PERFECT! I'm getting three bodies from Robert.....a '76 Olds Cutlass Supreme, '76 Olds Delta 88, and a '73 Buick Riviera. I got the tracking number from him the other day, so hopefully the package will be here in the next couple days.

BTW, for those interested, Robert has a new list on FB. It can be seen here, and it's for a limited time he's taking orders. 👌

Yes, I ordered a couple more bodies from him......his work is EXCELLENT!

4 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

That is to my eyes..............PERFECT! I'm getting three bodies from Robert.....a '76 Olds Cutlass Supreme, '76 Olds Delta 88, and a '73 Buick Riviera. I got the tracking number from him the other day, so hopefully the package will be here in the next couple days.

BTW, for those interested, Robert has a new list on FB. It can be seen here, and it's for a limited time he's taking orders. 👌

Yes, I ordered a couple more bodies from him......his work is EXCELLENT!

He’s going to break me

19 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

He’s going to break me

Ha! You got that right! 😁

I ended up ordering two more bodies from him, and then after looking over the list some more, I saw ANOTHER one that I'll end up getting (1970 Riviera).

The first three I ordered back in December, I just got notice that they're to be delivered today. Later on, I'll post pics and I'm sure those of us here on the lunatic fringe will be tickled by what I've gotten from him.

Stay tuned...........

3 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

Ha! You got that right! 😁

I ended up ordering two more bodies from him, and then after looking over the list some more, I saw ANOTHER one that I'll end up getting (1970 Riviera).

The first three I ordered back in December, I just got notice that they're to be delivered today. Later on, I'll post pics and I'm sure those of us here on the lunatic fringe will be tickled by what I've gotten from him.

Stay tuned...........

Dude he’s doing all these I want

66 Electra 2door

68 Wildcat and Electra both 4 door

71 Riviera 

68 Dodge Polara 

77 Cutlass Supreme

68 Vista Cruiser

72 Matador

And that’s just what I can think of right now

problem is chassis and interiors for them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kelson said:

I checked his fb page and he does some great 70's cars,but with no chassis and interior included it's hard to want to just buy a body.😐

Certain cars can use a similar cars chassis. But others have no chance. This car has a Johan 75 cutlass chassis and interior. Fits like a glove.

• Like 2

That is a neat body and should look great when done. I have talked with Robert about his kits and he is trying to get people to do his interiors but as he pointed out, that drives up the cost. His work is outstanding, I have two Dodge pickups and two IH Scouts from him, they are incredibly accurate and well detailed.

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2022 at 4:40 PM, DoctorLarry said:

I am actually going to be doing some interiors for some of his cars. I have the 69 Buick Skylark wagon and I just got the 74 LeMans Sport. I am working on the interior for that one as well.

Happy to see you are on this. I'm a definite yes for the LeMans and the Century interiors. Please post or PM when the LeMans interior is ready. 

Many thanks. 

On 2/18/2022 at 9:47 PM, yellowsportwagon said:

Certain cars can use a similar cars chassis. But others have no chance. This car has a Johan 75 cutlass chassis and interior. Fits like a glove.

I was just going to ask if the car had it's own chassis or was it going to need a donor chassis.

It needs a donor. The JoHan Cutlass chassis has a molded in engine and drivetrain so if you don't want to open the hood it is fine. If you want a realistic chassis, a 68-72 Cutlass will work or a Revell 66 GTO if shortened.  Both have excellent detail appropriate for those cars. There are few Buick engines, though. I used one from the Monogram SSX, which is 1/24 scale but accurate for a Buick car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Rob, here's some pics of the Olds...............

Wow. That looks great. The '75 had round headlights and a more pleasing grill IMHO. Mine was white with a blue vinyl top and white interior. 13 miles to the gallon. They are pretty rare these days. Only the convertibles seem to hold any value today.

• Like 1