Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Rumour Mill"

48 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I do hope the Grand Prix can come back in one form or another, I just don't think retooling the Super Fly is what's coming out.

I agree.

I think that the guys at Round-2 have much better opportunities, and I hope better sense, than to pursue something like that.

I'm sorry Patrick.

I had no intentions of hijacking your thread.

I was simply answering a direct question asked by yourself, and then addressing the couple of suggestions that followed.

8 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Did you build a model of it? That's one replica I'd like to see. 

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I was simply answering a direct question asked by yourself, and then addressing the couple of suggestions that followed.

I wasn't objecting, I did ask you about it. It's all good!

Edited by Oldcarfan27

On 6/14/2022 at 7:49 PM, s.p.e.c.t.r.e. said:

SuPerfly?🤣

Really? U guys are kidding ,right?

Early 70s ghetto coke/smack dealer/pimp film with a great soundtrack by Curtis Mayfield. would probably sell 5 kits.

back on page 1 of this thread Phirewriter posted the 68 Mach One Showcar, that has only been issued twice.

I'm hoping this is the Mystery car , as that would probably sell the most kits for R2. but I'll buy anything (almost) that has not been issued for 40 years.

lost-ford-mustang-concept-cars1.jpg

mach 1 consept.jpg

mach 1 consept 2.jpg

1292571349_amtmach1.jpg.ce262c64ee34c7e487ed5dcc12b78c90.jpg

Now THIS is something I would really like to see. Now to fire up the hardliners, I remember seeing an asphalt oval short track Open Competition '67-8 Mustang fastback that after all the aero tricks resembled this enough that it looked like it was used for the race car. But I would have to build at least one in an OOB style.

Edited by horsepower
Oopsie, clarification

3 hours ago, horsepower said:

Now THIS is something I would really like to see. Now to fire up the hardliners, I remember seeing an asphalt oval short track Open Competition '67-8 Mustang fastback that after all the aero tricks resembled this enough that it looked like it was used for the race car. But I would have to build at least one in an OOB style.

Mustang was issued four times:

Mach I concept (molded in red) 1967

Autolite Hi-Per Special (molded in metallic blue) 1968

Superstang Gasser (molded in yellow) 1969

Iron Horse (molded in white) 1974

Chassis and engine will be reissued in the coming stock '66 fastback.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It has to be the Cosma Ray Corvette( MPC kit released 1966 or 1967 , never reissued), or ( I'm going on out on a big limb here) Carl Casper phone booth "t" by MPC. I just looked at my show rod book last night and this is what I speculate it would be!

With the right modifications, that "Sweathog's Dream Machine" has possibilities. Replace the pie plate headlights, and the wide whites. Give it a full roof. 
Don't know what the back looks like.

44 minutes ago, Jon Cole said:

With the right modifications, that "Sweathog's Dream Machine" has possibilities. Replace the pie plate headlights, and the wide whites. Give it a full roof. 
Don't know what the back looks like.

I have one. It's almost a stock 72 GP, save for the goofy grille and headlights and the cantilevered roof.

I also have a built up Super Fly that I got ages ago, and the roof is intact with a half vinyl top and a sunroof molded in. I'm building that one as a 72 Hurst GP.

I'd love to see this kit come back - warts and all!

Jon, the problem with trying to replace the huge Headlights on the Dream Machine, is that the plastic mount behind the chrome lights is the same size. A large flat circular mounting boss. Hard to disguise or change the shape. Not Impossible, especially for many builders on this board, but not easy either. There is a Huge Ejector Pin mark in the center of each headlight lens too. You can see it in the box art. Fixing that would be a Must.

I like your other idea. New tires, and some 5 spoke Mags, would help to change the look. I think the rear is mostly stock-ish, and the overlay seen in the Superfly, is not in the Sweathogs kit. I think that de-chroming the lights and molding them into the car might help, and possibly painting the Grille and leaving only the Bumper and Grille Shell, chrome might tone things down somewhat to.

Lastly, I might just Whack off the top and make it into a Convertible or a roadster. It might look sharp as a Roadster!

How about a "Parts Pack" with the following parts designed to fit the current 72 C-10 kit:

• 69-70 C-10 Grille
  • 67-68 C-10 Grille
  • 67-72 GMC Grille (I know there are differences)
  • 67-68 Sloped hood
  • 69-70 Bowtie emblem for the hood
  • GMC Tailgate
  • A topper

• Like 3

Well, if nothing else, it might be a good source for a few replacement parts for somebody that has a "real" '72 GP that they want to restore.

But I really think we're out in left field with this one.

I think Round-2 has some better options than this.

At least I hope so.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

5 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Can somebody please save the photos from this eBay auction for the Superfly Kit, into this thread?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325224472904?hash=item4bb8e3a148:g:NKIAAOSw~~Rioo8Y

I hope these can be saved. This build is just too weird to believe, otherwise.

Thank you for posting this! 

Talk about hustle…

21 hours ago, keyser said:

Call the Superfly a Bond car from that awful 70’s Live and Let Die. Yaphet Kotto played Mr. Big. 🤣

Round2 also has a monoply and a coke licence.

So they could do Superfly,, Sweathogs, a momoply version the little millionaire character,  jamess bond, and of course a coke version. All with just new box art and decals.

2 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Round2 also has a monoply and a coke licence.

So they could do Superfly,, Sweathogs, a momoply version the little millionaire character,  jamess bond, and of course a coke version. All with just new box art and decals.

I knew James Bond liked women, but I didn’t know he was a pimp! 😮

Steve