Model Cars Magazine Forum

Happy Birthday! 32' Ford

GoForItPainting

After a long wait my parcel arrived and tonight I can unpack the Fords I ordered. It's not going to be a Sci-fi conversion this time, but I'll definitely do some custom modifications. I also bought 1/24 figures...

Which version would you build? I am also thinking of mixing the two to my taste.

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/6/4/9/133649-10571-pristine.jpg

• Like 1

First of all, build them how you like! I personally like either no fenders or cycle fenders attached to the axles front and rear, not attached to the rear body, but that's just me. How about a well equipped flathead? Or are you going for a more updated engine? Remember, true hot rods have three pedals......................

I opened the box and my first impression is not as good as when I opened the Tamiya Beetle 66'. But I haven't checked it thoroughly yet. I don't like the tires, but I also bought a 37' 2in1 kit (I won't say whose YT videos influenced me to buy these two models :) ) and it has two types of tires so I can choose.

I don't know anything about the technical stuff and I couldn't describe the difference between some styles exactly. I am still a beginner modeler and am currently in the learning stage. Techniques, tools and materials that were not needed for figure painting. That's why I registered on this forum, subscribed to several YT channels and I welcome all help, opinions and criticism here and on my own channel.

For example,
- I was thinking that if the car is made with the fender I will sink the headlights in. (The unused one from the Beetle.)
- I might also change the roof.
- At first I will finish the cars with the Vallejo gloss varnish but I will try the polish later.

I checked the instructions and unfortunately it's not as easy to mix the parts as I thought. This is the first Revell model I am making and I really like the fact that the name of each part is written down in the instructions.

I would like to ask why it says one pedal for the coupe version? Gas and brake pedals were and are on all cars, right? Thank you!

I really like the drum shaped air cleaner on the coupe and I'm not sure I'm going to put the hood on either. If I leave it open then I want to do the wiring.

32FordModelA3.jpg

• Like 2

As I am also building a 37' truck in parallel I decided to go for the modern restored style. The truck will have more amortization (from use and weathering) and this one will have shiny chrome and a modern paint job. I've tried this metallic paint several times on figures and now I'm going to try it on the car with a little modification:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it good to make the ignition cables from LAN cable? Are the ends of the distributor about the same size (0.85-0.86mm with insulation), or is it just the connector that size and the cable thinner? Can I get a good cable thickness by cutting the insulation off the middle of the cable and using the insulation as a connector?

I've never done this before and I haven't seen any thickness in the products on the webshops. Thank you!!

lan.jpg.3d0ceb7c3134fa609cdf97f719507516.jpg

11 hours ago, GoForItPainting said:

Is it good to make the ignition cables from LAN cable? Are the ends of the distributor about the same size (0.85-0.86mm with insulation), or is it just the connector that size and the cable thinner? Can I get a good cable thickness by cutting the insulation off the middle of the cable and using the insulation as a connector?

I've never done this before and I haven't seen any thickness in the products on the webshops. Thank you!!

Check that recent thread for tips. I have used insulation from a larger wire for boots.

CD73518C-11A0-48A2-AAC4-A23F0DC4AC96.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...