Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 70 Chevelle

James2

This is one of those 40% off H.L. purchases which I am happy about the price any way. My kit had some issues with twisted parts and excessive flash. There were also fit issues with the exhaust and interior tub. Not to mention the firewall location. I did adjust the ride height to except the 17" Torq Thrust D wheels from Jays resin wheels on Ebay. I used Tamiya white with Minwax urethane clear and basic hardware semi black for the carriage. The hood decals were a nightmare and ended up tearing before the Micro set did its job (Operator error). The engine is box stock and brush painted acrylic, nothing to see there.  All in all, not a bad shelf model and I finished it on New Year's Day, a nice way to start 2023.

IMG_1245.jpg.f0e84171dc0873c36b0fe2a5534c4dcb.jpgIMG_1241.jpg.133ed8cf635dd4e5995857323c4c19c5.jpgIMG_1244.jpg.abbbb03418d3dbe15c94b98d836f18e2.jpgIMG_1243.jpg.5c8de57f18941112cc862cdeed249e09.jpg

• Like 10

Very cleanly built car and those wheels and tires as well as the stance really set it all off. I hear you on twisted parts and flash. I just built a 1970 Camaro not too long ago that if I hadn't caught the slight twist in the body would have given me some fits after the paint work during final assembly. Well done.