Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Olds Cutlass 442 W-30

satterwhite78

After yellowsportswagon 2 builds, gks1964 and Yblock292 Johan 70 Cutlass, I figured I better find my hat to throw the ring before someone post another. BTW guys( yellowsportswagon, gks1964 and Yblock292)....fantastic builds, always look forward to what you post, and others also!

Originally to be Silver, Gloss black ended up on the palette. Right OOB with the exception of a 1/16 round spacer on the rear springs to elevate the rear end for a better stance. It worked.

I wasn't planning to add the side wheel arch stripes but a friend suggested to add them on. If it didn't look right they are not that hard to remove. I provided a without/with picture.

A great kit long over due with some other Revell kits coming down the line

20230319_185743.jpg

20230319_113127.jpg

20230319_113117.jpg

20230319_185755.jpg

Edited by satterwhite78
Tighten paragraphs/photos
  • Like 6

Has anyone else experienced excessively long gaps between texts and photos, screen freezing up or just plain having a mind of it own phone. TThis is the main reason I Don't post replies to other members on their posts. 

Great looking paint work. Since you mention the stripes. While personally not being a big fan of most of the OEM striping schemas of the era, in this case I would keep the side stripes and drop the hood stripes. The model looks great either way, but the plan black sides just look like something is missing, and again this is only my idea, so just do it the way you like it. Like the engine detailing. 

On 3/19/2023 at 8:47 PM, satterwhite78 said:

Has anyone else experienced excessively long gaps between texts and photos, screen freezing up or just plain having a mind of it own phone. TThis is the main reason I Don't post replies to other members on their posts. 

Yes, having that issue here as well. 

Great looking Cutlass BTW!

• 5 months later...