Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Dodge Brothers (lots of pics!)

340-6

Hi folks!

Firstly, I want to apologise for my terrible english.

Secondly, I'm a new guy at this forum, so let me tell you something about myself.

I'm a 17-year old Finnish kid, and i've been building model cars for about four years. (I built some airplanes and ships when I was younger, but since I didnt know even the basic tehniques, they werent that great) I just recently finished my 150th (properly built) model. Most of them are cars, but there are also some planes and even a one Star Trek ship!

Altough modeling is my most important hobby, I also like to work with 1:1 scale vehicles. I have couple of bikes, a '72 Honda CB-100 and a '73 Honda CB-125. I also recently bought my first car, '92 Opel Omega 3000 24V. I know, its old and rusty, but I love it.

But enough about me, Its the models you came here for. Here they are:

dartcharger008-vi.jpg

dartcharger004-vi.jpg

Both Dodges are Revell "special edition" -kits. I built The Dart to represent a completely stock GTS with 440 Magnum+ automatic transmission. Model was painted using Maston -spray paints. I added spark plug wires and fuel and brake lines.

I also added old style black Finnish plates. I cut open the trunk door and added a spare tyre. The trunk mat is made out of some strange envelope paper i found somewhere.

Charger_Dart041-vi.jpg

Charger_Dart036-vi.jpg

Charger_Dart039-vi.jpg

Charger_Dart050-vi.jpg

Charger_Dart044-vi.jpg

Charger_Dart051-vi.jpg

Charger_Dart065-vi.jpg

Charger_Dart058-vi.jpg

Edited by 340-6

Thanks lads!

Cavemanx: I have heard lots of different opinions about the painting of underside of mopars, and currently I prefer this "matt black with body colured overspray" -scheme. I've heard that Mopars of this age left the factory with this kind of paint scheme. It is of course possible that im wrong.

I'd guess I had probably built close to 150 models by the time I was 17, but not one of them was anything like as good as either one of these beauties. Not even close! Welcome to the MCM forum, Pauli. I hope to see many more of your fine models in the days and weeks to come

So 17 is like equal to 40 here.. :lol: :lol: your skills are pretty freakin good for such a young dude, man I hope you stay with it! both are excellent builds, but that Charger is wicked..Oh and your english is better than some i know :D

Edited by bsoder

ok im cavemanx's brother Im a ford person but since my bro and my dad are mopar nuts i respect the 440s and hemis. i love the work youve done to these. i recently completed a 68 dart that i transformed into a 1974 dart. did you say you have 150 kits done right? anyway great job.

Edited by Platerpants

Welcome to the board, Pauli! It's always encouraging to see a younger modeler who has developed the skills to create detailed builds like these. I can tell by the Dart's grille that you've learned to get the small details right, which results in a much better overall build.

The paint on these two looks very nice. What kind of paint do your prefer for painting model bodies?

Thanks lads!

Cavemanx: I have heard lots of different opinions about the painting of underside of mopars, and currently I prefer this "matt black with body colured overspray" -scheme. I've heard that Mopars of this age left the factory with this kind of paint scheme. It is of course possible that im wrong.

Those cars were "uni-body" cars, which means they had no separate frame. The body shell and underside were all welded together as one piece, and painted as one piece... first in primer and then the color coats. The bottom got a little bit of body color overspray (like you did on your Charger), but there would be no black down there. It would be primer red.

Those cars were "uni-body" cars, which means they had no separate frame. The body shell and underside were all welded together as one piece, and painted as one piece... first in primer and then the color coats. The bottom got a little bit of body color overspray (like you did on your Charger), but there would be no black down there. It would be primer red.

ok Harry need your help with something. im gonna start on a 1964 dodge 330 soon but its very difficult for me to find info on the 330s. any ideas?