Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Lets see, went to hobby lobby after dropping the wife off at work on friday, I picked up four of the new testor's colors and a Tamiya V-spec Skyline on clearance. Saturday, I went to the local Hobbytown and got both the latest Model Cars mag and the new Revell 70 Mustang. Saturday evening, the wife needed to go to hobby lobby again and asked me to go with her. On that trip I got three more colors of the new testor's colors and the Revell Coronet street machine on clearance. Needless to say the hobby budget is blown for the month... not to mention the year... I just did our taxes :angry:

Very Happy here..

On the 12th,I picked up a very nice resin 72 Impala to replicate my father car in the 70's,along with the metallic blue matched paint.Also a hood from Modelhaus for my Johan 70 Olds 442 to go with the rest of my parts for a conversion into a Cutlass Supreme,and a color match Gold paint..66 Linberg Chevelle(a kit I had to have twice)is the last on the list...that will be the end of my buying for awhile..

Whew...between finding out all the cool stuff (to me at least) coming the next few months from the Japanese companies, today I got my Revell Subaru STI (plastic), a Maisto stock VW Type 3 fastback (Dad had a white one w/red interior), and from Finland came my holiest of grails (recently), a 1/24 scale Saab 96 :rolleyes: It has a very "Scale Kraft" feel to it. It was also ridiculously expensive, thanks to the lousy conversion rate between the dollar and euro :( While I got the Saab, my buddy got a Volvo P1800 and Ford Anglia...they all look pretty cool.

I'll post pics of the Saab shortly, when I get them cleaned up a bit. I'd like to get it done soon.

I got a highky detailed #6 Valvoline NASCAR from my good friend TxRat (Shane) and a ford Dualie from George 53. Not to mention after I sa that post about Big Lots I went and got another 66 chevelle wagon and the ferrari american sport

• 3 weeks later...
I got eight Revell parts pack engines.

Chevrolet 283 3x

Ford 427 SOHC 3x

Pontiac 421 2x

funny i've been thinkin' about making this same purcase off ebay. :)

I got a revell 32 sedan and 3 bottels of alclad color shifting paint for 3 bucks a pop!

Got my Revell R8 and '68 Charger today, along with another set of Hasegawa P/E rims for my second Testa Rossa, also a stock Maisto VW Squareback, and a Cessna 180 to build for a friend who owns/flies a real one.

I wasn't going to get a Charger until I saw the new wheels/hubcaps. Wonder if I can scare up a slant 6 for it? :huh:;)

The R8 is very nice, the white plastic and normal box makes it a big improvement over the Revell AG version, not to mention the price is much lower.

Model Exspress sent me 4 kits I wanted to day, Dennis is a great person as he is fast on getting the kits out.

I have now 32 Ford GG Revell, 32 Ford Phantom Vicky AMT ProShop kit, 40 Ford GG Revell and the 40 Ford AMT kit, Also I should be receiving two 30 Boat Tail Packards this week.

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't today either, two came Friday. Revellogram '37 Ford coupe, and Lincoln Futura. A few weeks ago I got the Kenz & Leslie Cougar F/C. But it won't be a Funny Car, it will be a fun car......dune buggy! Iv'e got a parts kit of a "Ramchargers dune buggy" and this kit has the stuff to complete the buggy... :(

Well It Wasn't Today, Or Yesterday, But My Computer's Broke So This Is The First Chance I've Gotten To Post This. With My 50% Off Coupon At Michaels I Got A Badger175 Crescendo. :D And I Also Got The '71 Hemi Cuda That I'm Looking To Put A 528 "KingKong" In. (See My Thread In "Wanted!" If You Need To Know More Lol) Got A Few New Detail Brushes And Some Prismacolor Art Markers For Drawing Up Designs Too :D

What Did Everyone Else Get With Their 50% Off Coups??

Just had to brag about this one, finally get a good find, and I didn't even get to find it, but this'll work just as good. I work 3rd shift and I went to bed around noon the other day, the Wife and our 4 year old daughter were going thrift store shopping. Well, I told my daughter to find models for me. On the way out of one store she spied these...................................

75MachI064.jpg

in an out of the way spot(not by toys) and stopped my wife for the models. Thanks baby!!! Imagine my surprise when I woke up around 6 p.m. and these were the first things I saw. Awesome. and the price?....$4 a kit, all parts are there, some are missing instructions but who uses those anyway. :D

Edited by novadose71

• 1 month later...

My good friend and Board member Matt LeBlanc, Lester (not a member), my son and Myself all took a trip to a little shop a few miles from me. Ive gotten one other pile of goods out of this place a few months ago but wasn't actually able to go so Matt brought a stack of goodies to me. Look further back in this thread if interested.

I was able to go yesterday an this was the find. the top 2 are my sons and he worked the deal on them himself. very shrewd business man, my son :lol:

The rest are mine...

Heres my weeks score

DSC_0766.jpg

the 2 Johan kits and the gene snow charger came from eBay this week...

I grabbed the Revell '69 Nova and a little paint. There were three Novas in the shop when I got there, I grabbed one, decided a bit later to get a second and the other were gone! It was only ten mniutes while I hemmed and hawed over paint... oh well, gives me a reason to go back ina couple weeks.

I didn't get a thing!! They were out of the paint, the spark plug wire and the Plastuct 1/2 round stock that I needed. :D

They did have a "buy two, get one free" sale, but with all of the kits I already have, that's the last thing I needed to buy.

Oh well, better luck next time...

At the model show and swap meet and I got:

1) The reissued Ala-Kart, (Great box art of a kit that I'll probably never build);

2) the reissue of the "Lil' John Buterra Revell '26 Ford T Sedan Delivery, (a great parts kit);

3) The AMT '57 Vette Street Machine, (future home for a Z06 engine and drivetrain);

4) the Millenium edition of the AMT '50 Ford convertible, (Future home for a 4.6L Cobra engine and drivetrain);

5) an AMT Display Case Trailer, (undecided, for now...);

(Bruce had a 5 for $30 special);

6) the Beatnik Bandit, (more box art of a kit I'll never build);

7) the Mysterion, (yep, even more box art of a car I'll never build from one of my heros in the custom car world);

8) the Revell Chrysler 300M HEMI SRT8 (Raffle prize that I'll give to some aspiring young model builder...).

On the award side, I got the Best Engine award for my '43 Willys pickup; my friend Jerry Cardinal got the Best Under Construction award for his brass version of El Matador; and my other friend, Mike Miller, got the Best of Show award for his very well built 1907 Pocher Fiat.

All-in-all it was a pretty good day!! Special thanks to Bob Carrol for continuing to host the event!! We all hope that you get better soon, Bob!!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...