Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Kits You've Scored Recently

1 of these will get the chopped jimmy flintstone cab

Its funny you say that. One of mine stashed has the Flinstone cab. Its going to run no hood, no front fenders, just the grill shell with a custom drop axle up front. Oddly enough it was kind of inspired by your lowered Cali Hauler, and by a hot rod that Jay Leno has.

Its funny you say that. One of mine stashed has the Flinstone cab. Its going to run no hood, no front fenders, just the grill shell with a custom drop axle up front. Oddly enough it was kind of inspired by your lowered Cali Hauler, and by a hot rod that Jay Leno has.

Mine is inspired by a truck called sledgehammer. Its a 379 but it has the look i want. The chopped little window 359 will look good, at least i hope it does. It should if i can make it look how it does in my head anyway.

Them are some rare snap kits there Casey. Nice score.

Edited by Petetrucker07

My two most recent acquisitions...

stuff2_zps29feb371.jpg

Got this online for twenty bucks, as a parts donor. It was missing the cab, instructions, and decal sheet. The engine was partially assembled. But it had more than enough good parts to make me jump at the chance to get it. The NTC-475 engine was worth the price alone. The tanks are already on a LoneStar I'm building, and the headache rack might join them. You'll be seeing bits and pieces of this on various Peterbilt projects at some point.

turbine1_zps80017226.jpg

A buddy from the forum sent this along a week or two ago- this is the Allison GT-404 gas turbine from the AMT GMC Astro. You might be seeing this pretty shortly in a project. It won't be in a GMC though. :)

wow, you guys are scoring some nice kits!

Sean, if you want to part with one of those 'bill signs' kits, feel free to pm me :D

here is my latest buy,

photo_zps39058040.jpg

photo_zps032ead1d.jpg

I hope the revell kit builds up better/easier than the AMT version........time will tell I guess.......

I cant compare with the AMT version because I ve never built one. This German issue had some fitting problems with the exhaust system as far as I can remember. The hood shape is not much accurate and neither the cab steps are. The location of fuel tanks is wrong... they should be under the cab. At least all the pictures of old T600 I could find showed the fuel tanks under the cab. The tires... I dont know where they came from but i ve never seen anything like this on a real truck.

Yeah- the AMT version is quite a mess. :) As far as the location of the tanks on the Revell, I've seen a couple with just the ends of the tanks under the sleeper, but never the entire tank. Those cab steps are definitely messed up. I'd still like to build the Revell version. I've built a couple of the AMT T600 kits, but the Revell version is on the "one of these days" list.

Are those resin wheels off ebay or AITM? the reason I ask is I think theres a seller on ebay who is copying some of Dave's stuff and selling it for almost double.

Sam, they are off ebay but they are old RNK wheels. Thats who Dave took the wheels it over from. They were a good bit cheaper than Dave thats the only reason I grabbed em. Do you know the name of the copycat? I cant say Ive seen any copies of Daves stuff.