Model Cars Magazine Forum

What will you be building during the coming Winter months?

My first project is to find my winter parka. The temperature dropped to a mind mumbing 38 degrees this morning.

Here's my winter project list:

Working on Charlie Allen car at the moment. Hope to be done by the end of the month.

Next, I'm resurrecting an old build to use as a transporter for it. Ignore the Chi Town Hustler and the current carrier section.

After that, I hope to get back on the QuarterMaster.

0097.jpg2007-03-21006.jpg0035.jpg

Plans call for:

Finishing my `70 `Cuda drop-top

start the `68 Hemi under Glass

start the `68 Baja

and maybe a front engined rail…..*

Naturally, I also hope to finish all those cars I plan on starting! B)

* I may have to amend this build list to include a Gasser for next years NNL East theme. And boy do I have an original idea……. B)

don't even know why I am posting this, I said I would get these done LAST YEAR!! most of these are over the 50% complete stage... anyways...

62 Pontiac pro street or drag, not sure yet

32 ford hiboy pro street

70 hemi super bee

70 coronet 500 pro street

69 dart pro street

64 dodge factory race hemi

64 Plymouth factory race hemi

64 fairlane pro touring

and heaven help me if I start anything else.

good luck to all in the pursuit of the completion of their lists. and blasts you all who live in warm weather climates... i'm sooooo jealous!

holy moley I just read thru the whole Deora build.... mind blown. Get back on that thing!!!

That's the direction I'm heading in. Thanx.

Oh, and if I build anything this winter it will be a miracle. :(

Jesse, even though you're a Ford fan, don't let that depress you so much that it affects your building habits. MOPAR's are much easier to build. Kidding. I had to go there.

Jesse, even though you're a Ford fan, don't let that depress you so much that it affects your building habits. MOPAR's are much easier to build. Kidding. I had to go there.

Thats quite OK! I actually have quite a few Mopar kits stashed away! I do have a secret love for Mopars. I just realized as a 17yr old kid (at the time) that Mopars were WAY out of my price range/cost of living/budget. And that Foxbody mustangs sounded soo much more enticing (cheaper!)

Amongst my Fords I had a '74 Plymouth Scamp... Best lawn ornament I ever owned! LOL

But alas.... the real 1:1 Fords will be taking up most of my time this winter.

Rust repair on a '98 F150 (both rockers and cab corners... not my truck)

Reassembling my '93 Lincoln Mark VIII (not so stock anymore :D )

Making my '88 Mustang street/strip car actually resemble a car instead of a pile of sheet metal on wheels

Very little building will probably happen for me in the plastic world :(

Edited by JTalmage

Oh boy. Just the stuff that I have all the pieces to finish or nearly so:

'40 Ford pickup

'65 Dodge Monaco

'60 Chrysler Windsor

'61 Pontiac Bonneville

'62 Pontiac Catalina

'62 Impala convertible (original)

'61 Continental convertible

'62 Continental sedan

'64 Continental sedan

'64 Chevy Malibu

'61 Falcon (been 2/3 finished for 35 years...)

'66 T-bird (A Craftsman, for Pete's sake. If I can't finish that...)

Plus my uncle's '57 Fairlane 500 four-door sedan. Got the parts for the 406 conversion, plus I found a great set of sharp interior photos to match the upholstery patterns (way different from the 2-door hardtop) and door panels. When he comes for Thanksgiving I'll be picking his brain for more details...

I took this year off as movie prop and my being published three different times has had me on a small tour of colleges and medical office facilities sharing on subject completely un related to plastic models . I have several service stations I have wanted to do and the decision to delve deep headlong into another is daunting . What plastic kits I actually do construct must relate to what ever building I actually build . Who knows , I may decide to do a Sonic drive in .......................

Since we're talking about winter builds, I should mention my annual Christmas Holiday Amnesty Build. I've been doing this for better than 15 years and a bunch of guys from the udder board have joined in or at least cheered me on!

The premise is that every year the US President grants Thanksgiving Amnesty to a turkey, giving him the gift of life. So I figured I would do the same for a long abandoned model car project, but over the Christmas holidays. I have had the week between Christmas and New Years off most years, so I'd find some promising project and finish it that week. I have a bunch of models that are at that 80% completion mark, that a week of concentration will get them out of a box and onto my shelf. And there are years that the project goes a bit longer, but it counts as long as I continue working until I'm finished. I'm not about to rush anything and make a mess.

I do need to look at all the unfinished projects on the shelves over my work bench and decide what I want to do this season. Front runners are the Volare Messenger Car and the 1960 Plymouth stretch wagon. We will see...

Hey Tom. I sort of did the same "amnesty" thing with the '54 Dodge and '51 Chevy Fleetline Custom models that I recently finished up, but I did them a little earlier than you do your amnesty build completions. I wanted to get those done before I started any other projects. It really feels great to have finally gotten both of them finished.

The builds closest to done are a Nissan 300ZX,a 2015 Mustang(not so) quick builder,a '69 Coronet,an MPC snap '49 Mercury,and an AMT '25 T hot rod coupe.If I can finish those in reasonable time I can move on to doing a '40 Ford for a club challenge build,a Ramchargers Magnum wagon phantom Super Stocker,a box stock McLaren MP 4/5b rescue,a Moebius Hudson,a '65 Bonneville Street Machine, a Pro Street '67 GTO,another Calsonic liveried Nissan,and whatever else strikes a chord with me.I've only got about 1200 kits from which to choose.

More kits than I can even mention. lot of started projects going at once. a few subject to change-lol

1>50 chevy pickup-Sherwood green-for "hot rod john"

2>a restore of a 67 t-bird for a friend-baby blue-white vinyl top for mark orr

3>fire truck street rod for a guy I used to work with-either candy apple red or apple red

4>just about to start formulating ideas for my 1/8 scale Harley sportster-color not decided yet

5>also about to start a resto of a 57 amt belair -a barn find that my brother built in the 60's - a few years before he was killed in nam

too many more to list-lol

If I can get some time, I'll be focusing on trying to complete these...

DSCN7807.jpg

If you ever get this Silhouette kit trailer finished I hope you'll share. I've had one of these things laying around for years and always wondered what I could do with it. You look like you've on an interesting path with it.

rob

Lets see, I am going to clear current , or stuff thats on bench to start

Following need to be finished

Nissan Skyline GTR

Lambo Aventador Roadster

Hummer H2

Midget , err little people's car (PC correct)

Ford GT40 GT3

Projects waiting to be started, these are to for end of the year

Mclaren Longtail GTR

SUV show down , Nissan Terrano(Pathfinder) and Toyota Surf Wide( 4Runner)

I am not sure what kits I will start in 2015 yet

Two maybe three different police cars, at least four tanks and supervise what ever else the grandson needs help with.

G

Awesome

Edited by martinfan5