Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy Custom

aksarben

Hello all, here is my latest build just finished,

Monogram 1/12 kit

wheels and tires from a large "Dub Garage" mustang toy

kit engine with scratch built intake manifold and stacks from aluminum tubes

scratch built alternator, power steering pump, brackets. belts are strips of sheet streyne

convertable boot crafted from fabric

scratch built wipers, hood ornaments, mirrors, stereo, sun visors, seat belts/buckles, turning signal stalk, shifter, pedals, side glass units

modified kit front suspension

scratch built four link rear suspension, air bags, shocks, torsion bars, driveshaft, u-joints, rack and pinion, exaust tips

paint is Krylon gloss black with clear coat

trim peices and wheels are finished with Krylon "brushed metal" nickel satin finish

Let me know what you think!

here is some in progress info..

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=57945

100_1019.jpg

100_1012.jpg

100_1029.jpg

100_1025.jpg

100_1030.jpg

100_1036.jpg

That is the baddest, trickest, slickest, meanest, and just plain coolest '57 I've ever seen. I've been bored out of my skull by '57s for years, but man, that thing is just totally wicked. Glad to see you did a drop-top, too. This one needs to get built 1:1.

And thanks for the satin-chrome tip. It looks perfect.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I love it. What a phenomenal '57. I have to agree that these have gotten kind of cookie-cutter, but yours walks up, slaps you in the face and says look at me! One of the best models I've seen on here.

Question, how did you do the plug boots on the distributor? They look so cleanly done and real!

Wow this is very nice, I have several of these kits, and am dying to do something on the same line, but more lowrider. I have chrome spokes wheels, and now I have some motivation. Back to you, your detail work is very well done, love the under car detail. I could go on and on. What the other guys said. VERY COOL