Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram / Revell thanks for the Blue Bandito, How about some of these ?

The original tooling was modified and the six carb induction system and the headers were lost , probably for ever ! The original wheels and tires were never used either , along with the Turtle deck option and the chrome oval gas tank .

This is the latest re-issue

762_zps62ffc2f7.jpg

And these are previous re-issues

RMX-2977-2_zpsc563ff82.jpg

The whole original vibe of the Little T, with it's classic clean and balanced style, even remarkable at the time of its original creation, was lost long ago with its transformation into a "Fad T" with the wire front wheels, and then later the trailer and wide section rear tires. With the renewed interest in classic rodding it's time for a revival of the original release. It would sell well, IMHO, and become an important parts kit too. Some of the pieces, like the six carb manifold, have survived in other kits, but mostly I suspect would need to be retooled. There aren't that many pieces to do, however... Certainly not even close to what Revell did with the Slingster.

Edited by Bernard Kron

I understand that one of the most respected aftermarket resin casters is looking into rebopping the parts that would allow you to make the Little T from the latest T kit release....TIM

Oh goody. I'd buy them nor so much to reproduce the Little T as to have them for other uses... particularly the wheels and tires,

I understand that one of the most respected aftermarket resin casters is looking into rebopping the parts that would allow you to make the Little T from the latest T kit release....TIM

That's good news .

If you can find one of these kits it has the correct seats and interior bucket . . . and it has the headers ! :D

street_t_big-vi_zpsaa40f35f.jpg

The "Little T" always makes me wax nostalgic, one of the first few kits that I built with the help of my Uncle. He showed me how to do light detail paint, use sewing thread for plug wires, Polish the plastic body to a really nice shine.

Today, I'd love to have a coupe "Little T's" one to recreate the memory, another to swap in an injected Nailhead to create TV Tomy Ivo's T Bucket. From what I remember the Little T was/is a well designed kit, the bones were there to build pretty much any late 50's early 60's "High End" T Bucket Hot Rod. Funny in all the times that I built that kit I always used the small block Chev engine, but I can't remember how well Monogram did it. If it was anything like the rest of the kit it would have been well done, back when model companies were really competing for the Dollar or Two they got per kit.

• 2 years later...