Model Cars Magazine Forum

Excalibur SSK 1/12 modified

LaughingIndian

Great result!

Looks better than original ever could, love the changes you made...and fun watching along the way

Cheers, Scott

Thanks Scott. How's that workshop going and that Italian V-12?

OUTSTANDING WORK!

I love everything about it. And Harry is quite correct, you are miles from semi-moderate.

Thank you Rob.

Here's the pic from the shakedown ride my wife and I took. We went a little further south than planned and stopped at what I thought was a fancy cruise night. Everything was fine until some guy with a straw hat and a clipboard came by and told me this was the show area and I'd have to have a entry ticket. I said I thought I'd be safe parking next to that Karmann Ghia and asked how much was the raffle tickets. He said "Just leave now sir" without saying what the door prize was ...

CarShowAmeliaIsland_zpslclsh8un.png

Edited by LaughingIndian

Thanks Scott. How's that workshop going and that Italian V-12?

Thank you Rob.

Not much happening on any car front other than a Star Wars build for another site and buying more kits than I need for a lifetime!!!

Big house move in July then tear down and building on old site......then smokin new shop construction

Fenders are for girls, looks awesome as is

Thanks Bob and Ray for the input. I've been thinking of this build for months and never invisioned using the kit wheels until I saw them on the chassis. The pic of the Stutz on page 1 was found just before I started and between that and your support I decided to go that way.

I think I could do this kit in several other ways ... say in all aluminum color with a dark red leather interior ... and use those louvers ... or maybe a different rearend with the original SSK-use of the spare ... or use the wheels (and fenders) from a Bentley kit ... or

Mike,

Superlative and creative job. Has great presence and character without being 'ratty'.

Only thing I carp at is the tunnel ram; a Victor junior single or Z-28 dual set up is what I'd have done. But that's just me and it takes nothing away from the model in the least.

I'd really love to see you literally take this to the next level; a 1/8 version using one of the Pocher Benz's as a base. You'd knock that out of park...

Mike,

Superlative and creative job. Has great presence and character without being 'ratty'.

Only thing I carp at is the tunnel ram; a Victor junior single or Z-28 dual set up is what I'd have done. But that's just me and it takes nothing away from the model in the least.

I'd really love to see you literally take this to the next level; a 1/8 version using one of the Pocher Benz's as a base. You'd knock that out of park...

Oh hey that would be cool

You could look for a built one and give it a good reno / refurb

The classic Pochers can be readily dismantled

You guys workin as a tag team or something? After googling (past meaning) Cato's RR, my fantasy for building a Springfield got rekindled and even bought a 1/24 (ugh) scale Henley per Skip's suggestion. But the Springfield builds were Pantom Is, and then I found Model Motorcar's Phantom I build of "The Duchess" http://www.modelmotorcars.com/the-duchess.html while lounging watching TV. Well, my hands started sweating so much I lost a grip on my iPad and the thing fell on my chest with the corner hitting my heart.

I do miss 1/8 scale but I think I'll hit the 32 Ford roadster before a Pocher anything ...

Edited by LaughingIndian