Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any model kits of Tatras out there?

Scott

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdAsiX2CCpv0J2HsNzan0DZ0RjZ6ldBDDA5l1ow3wfcA1qa6uz3A:www.aaamodels.co.uk/List_Pics/ATTACK/ATK_806_TATRA_T87_STAFF_CAR.JPG

Unfortunately there is only 1/72nd scale kits of them. There has been a diecast 1/43rd model as well.

Edited by lordairgtar

I have seen that orange and black rally 603 in person. It used to take part in a local rally here every year before but then they stopped organizing the rally. It is a very special car because it is the only one that has been factorybuilt for rallying in the Tatra factory.

I have a 1:43 diecast of a 603 made by IXO. I have also seen a large toy car verion of one on Ebay. I think it was something like 1:20-1:18 in scale and made way back then when they where new cars.

Edited by Atmobil

Don't forget their little promo film Happy Journey:

You could argue for calling the Tucker the American Tatra... ;)

Great video Chris! Where did you find that? Makes me want to own a Tatra more than ever. It's quirky styling looks right to me.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

the "polisher" so much reminded me of Mr Hulot.

Okay, I tried, but I could not get though this film. Watched all but the last twenty minutes before I threw in the towel. It was somewhat amusing and the 50's American cars were cool. But..... I sure I'm missing a lot not knowing Spanish. When again, I not so sure? Again it was amusing. But. The Tatra film is much better.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58