Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell & Foose poll for 2 new kits

I went for the FD-100 in hope that it will get Revell to keep their word and tool a new '56 Ford pickup (is the FD-100's body stock?). (Edit: NO.)

And went for the Eldorod as a potential parts bin and base for more interesting custom material (as in On the Workbench postings that read "I started with a Foose Eldorod and threw away about half of it..." :lol: )

How about that :huh: - shoulda bought a lotto ticket.

the winners are Foose’s iconic 1956 Ford F100 Pickup & 1948 "Eldorod” Cadillac.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Stoked about the Caddy but really another f100? i hope they stick it to the voters by reissuing the crappy version

http://www.chipfoose.com/ws_display.asp?filter=Blog_Detail&item_id={883767C3-4512-498F-9A6F-E6EC8198FE14}

Now there is a mature attitude. I didn't vote for either of the two that were voted for but that is no reason to hope they screw it up because I feel people voted for something I didn't want.

it would be ironic if these ended up being snap kits because Revell is trying to get more kids in the hobby. The press release only said new kits not new glue kits.

Edited by bobthehobbyguy

I went for the FD-100...went for the Eldorod as a potential parts bin and base for more interesting custom material (as in On the Workbench postings that read "I started with a Foose Eldorod and threw away about half of it..." :lol: )

How about that :huh: - shoulda bought a lotto ticket.

That was also my rationale for voting for those two, at least there would be some potential to do something "non-Foose" with those. Don't get me wrong, he's a talented guy and that FD-100 is actually gorgeous. Just not too keen on the one-off show cars.

I guess I get a little satisfaction from having voted for the two winners, but frankly I'm not sure if I'll buy either kit.

Now there is a mature attitude. I didn't vote for either of the two that were voted for but that is no reason to hope they screw it up because I feel people voted for something I didn't want.

it would be ironic if these ended up being snap kits because Revell is trying to get more kids in the hobby. The press release only said new kits not new glue kits.

I would think they would be glue kit but thats just my opinion. You never know...

This is from the Foose page.

"The fact that this survey generated more than 10,000 votes demonstrates how passionate people are about both Chip’s custom car designs and model car building,” said Brian Eble, Vice President of Marketing, Mass Market, for Revell parent company Hobbico. "These two vehicles will be strong additions to our line of Foose-inspired scale models.”

The two winning vehicles will be released under an exclusive three-year licensing agreement that will also include four re-issues of earlier Revell model kits incorporating Foose’s personal design modifications. The series – beginning release in Q4 2015 – will include full glue and paint model kits as well as Revell’s first Foose pre-decorated model glue kits, complete with Foose-created paint schemes, wheel designs and special Foose renderings used only on the Revell box art.

The new scale models will add to a Foose collection that also includes Foose 1964 and 1965 Chevy Impala, 1967 Dodge Charger 426 HEMI, 1967 Dodge Coronet, 1969 Camaro Z/28 and 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 Ram Air model kits.

From what we heard at our last club meeting, the delay was due to coordinating the release with Foose. The Revell person who attended our club meeting was not involved in the survey and didn't have vote specifics, but said he was told the Ford, Caddy and Imposter were the high vote getters, but didn't know more than that.

On the Foose collection, they will be in the pre-painted series similar to the Camaro ZL1 and upcoming C7. Given the Foose popularity, it is hoped this will get more people into modeling and get them to eventually try more detailed models. Also, for those of us who look forward to models such as the Model A and others, sales from these help funding for other endeavors.

Even though I am not a big fan of Foose I am looking forward to these for many reasons. The prepainted are a good idea for people that can not paint or do not have a place to do it. I agree with the idea of getting more people into the hobby or getting more people to fund our addiction to plastic cars.

I'm quite happy with this. I voted for the truck, and although I won't get my Hemisfear kit the Caddy is a subject I will not bemoan. To me it looks far better than some of the others on the list. And the good news about the F100 is that the body of that one is so massaged and manipulated that they couldn't possibly pass off the old one as a "faithful representation". At the very least it would take all new bodywork (cab, hood, fenders etc.). Although the greasy bits would not be quite prototypically correct it would be good enough for me. As long as the truck sits right, and looks right from a yard away.        

• 2 months later...