Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Ford Nostalgia Ride

Al Hoffman

Finished this Revell Ford last year. It has been done as a mild custom.

The following has been done: 1. All exterior emblems and handles removed

2. Has been lowered using blocks in the rear and modified spindles up front

3. Headlights and taillights frenched

4. Tires and wheels are from a different kit. WW inserts have been overpainted with Gesso to try to achieve a more realistic appearance

5. Kit engine used but with a "Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland" Tri-Carb set up. Wired and kit fuel lines modified for 3 carbs

6. Kit interior decals used

7. Paint is "Duplicolor" matt black shot from the can

Very enjoyable kit to build. Now it is time to start on the wagon.

'57 Ford 003.JPG

'57 Ford 005.JPG

'57 Ford 018.JPG

'57 Ford 008.JPG

'57 Ford 015.JPG

'57 Ford 019.JPG

Nice job, it's just to bad that this kit can't be lowered without substantial surgery required. 

Oh sorry, it might be hard to understand me with my tongue stuck in my cheek like it is:P

Surgery was required but I wouldn't consider it major. Had to extend the front inner wheel wells toward the firewall to clear the tire radius. Just relocated the axle on the front spindle & lowered the rear with blocks between the spring pile and axle, like on a 1:1 version. Didn't even need to relocate the shocks.

Very nice! Those white walls have nice detail, are they from a Lindberg '53 Ford kit, or something else?

I'm not going to be much help on the tires & rims. I do know they are not from the '53 Ford. I said that they had WW inserts. They don't. The WW's are hand painted with Gesso. Also, I think they are a little taller on the diameter. They WW area has Firestone molded in. I tend to make tires fit wheels so I'm not even sure if they came as a set.

When you get my age your lucky if you can remember what you're working on, let alone what you used.