Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Fairlane 500 Club Vicky

Lovefordgalaxie

AMT 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Club Victoria. Fully stock (well almost) with just a little treat under the hood. A blown 312.

Paint is Tamiya TS-15 blue. Foil is home made, no BMF. Also has gold candy wrap on the side spears. 

The kit used was one of those old ones molded in blue. have to get another one of those...

Fast build, only took me five days. The only extra detail is a wired distributor, and plug wires that go above the valve covers due to the headers installed. Not much detail, only a nice shelf model to go back to FoMoCo after building a Dodge EEEEEWWW!!! :lol:

1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Club Vicky by Túlio Lazzaroni, on Flickr

Another pretty build sir. Only bugaboo is the parts for the supercharger in the AMT kit are not factory correct. The supercharger itself is fine, but the balance is not. Perhaps you could use then parts from the Revell kit on the next one. Anyway, well done.

Thanks guys!!

Love the AMT kit. It builds so well. 

The only bad part is like Lee said, the supercharger is an aftermarket kit, and not the factory setup. This kit pressurizes the entire carburetor, inside a pressure box. The factory system would use a cast cover to pressurize trough the Holley teapot carb. 

I built a Custom Tudor with the factory setup. Revell only missed the dual belt drive most cars had. 

1957 Ford Custom Tudor Inca Gold by Túlio Lazzaroni, on Flickr

Ok, I'm going to throw a little cold water on all the "nice build" comments.

It is a nice build, as per your usual, Tulio. We all know you have the skills.

But leaving those tacky-looking mold seam lines on the sides of the front and rear bumpers is inexcusable and something a guy with your talent and expertise should have caught and corrected.

Ok, I'm going to throw a little cold water on all the "nice build" comments.

It is a nice build, as per your usual, Tulio. We all know you have the skills.

But leaving those tacky-looking mold seam lines on the sides of the front and rear bumpers is inexcusable and something a guy with your talent and expertise should have caught and corrected.

Guys, thanks again, love your feedback!!!

You are right Harry, that seams do look toy-ish. I thank you for not noticing the car has no mirrors:lol:.

Seriously, I never thought much of those seams, always accepted them as "characteristics" of the old AMT chrome parts, but will try to get rid of them and see how it goes.

Stay tuned on this same Bat-Thread on this same Bat-Forum for the conclusion!!!