Model Cars Magazine Forum

1926 Model T Sedan - SomesortaRod - Finally Done.. Only 2months late!

Impalow

Hey Eric, man im loving this ! !  Gotta agree its too nice for a rat rod, more 60s show car if you changed the wheels ! !   Very clever using the cutter thingy for the chassis, it looks fantastic.....  I enjoy your builds, have to keep an eye out for updates on this, and any future projects you come up with ........   Lowlife ! !

Thanks Martin!     I somehow cant stop building 60's customs... I guess its just my thing.. haha

Those welds are great. How did you get the effect?

Thank you bob, its a technique I read on here somewhere.....  Twisted up some .010 square stock in my fingers until it was no longer straight, then i glued it on... once it was dry I took a dremel round rasp bit and rolled it over it by hand...

The bit looks somewhat like one of these

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mtU4X_nlfbT3ArF5Pnowpag.jpg

chucked it up in the pin vice and rolled it over the strip... This was my first time trying it and I was very impressed with how well it worked.

Little update... I need to get cranking on this thing... hopefully this weekend will be productive.

Firewall made!

and the seat...  Split Bench Bomber seat... impressed myself on this one... still needs some clean up, but i was excited to take photos.. haha

plan is to make plaid cushions...

Thanks guys!

I'm getting on this a little late but your imagination and engineering are first class. Will this be at the Toledo NNL?

The plan is to have it done next weekend for the Pittsburgh show... we shall see how that goes... either way this, my gremlin and the Riviera will be at the NNL for sure.

Stunning work. Did you use the cutter for the sest?  If so did you drill the hoes or use the cutter?

Thanks bob!   I did use the cutter for the seat  but i drilled all the holes by hand... I have the cutter try and cut the holes, but when you get this small they aren't perfect circles and its a bear to flick the centers out... but by having the cutter score them it gives me a great guide to drill them by hand.

Thanks guys!!  Although I highly doubt this is going to be complete for this upcoming weekend.. I am still marching on... worst case it is done for Toledo.. this weekend was somewhat productive.  Going to try and sling some paint tonight.

Got the seat painted... alclad over satin black... still going to add a wash, or some powder.

Mounted the grille shell from the 29' pickup.

Then I tried about a dozen headlight configurations.. I like low headlamps... but some of these just got a bit too wonky for me.

Finally settled on this style and location... and started on a tubular intake.

Intake done...

Scratch-built some zoomie headers...

Progress is happening... just not as fast as i would like.. haha... oh well