Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mad Max Gigahorse

Ridge Rider

I messed up or lost enough pieces to build this a dozen times.:D  This was giving my camera focus problems but I managed a few passable pics.  I will try to add the "plumbing" on final assembly.  The proportions are a little different and mine seems a little fuller but I think it represents the look pretty well and can live with it.  Thanks for the support everyone.  Steve

gigahorse_003.thumb.JPG.dbe04453ca070bbbgigahorse_010.thumb.JPG.f608542698a2824fgigahorse_012.thumb.JPG.588021318d11d861

gigahorse_steering_wheel.thumb.jpg.90542

Edited by Ridge Rider

I have much more respect for the artists that carve grains of rice and pencil lead. I just had to try the skull shifter and considering the size and my patience it will do.

gigahorse_shifter_003.thumb.JPG.e54b20abgigahorse_shifter_005.thumb.JPG.b96780cegigahorse_shifter_003.thumb.JPG.9f656c91

I also did the dash compass and a dry fit on the interior.  I think the seats may be a bit to wide but I'm not doing them a third time, I hope.

gigahorse_shifter_006.thumb.JPG.2e1f02a0gigahorse_shifter_011.thumb.JPG.f397de55gigahorse_shifter_013.thumb.JPG.f935e8e0

Happy Holidays and thanks for looking.

Edited by Ridge Rider

Thanks for the support guys, it does help to stay focused on this project.  So I moved on to the undercarriage. I cannot believe how much time it has taken me to get an idea on what is going on under there.  It definitely is not as well lit and documented as the other parts I have built.  I don't know what this would be called but it will house the tranny and connect the radius arms.  There will be some bracing done after the tranny and drive line are located.

gigahorse_003.thumb.JPG.4ecd9e71fc5bedd3gigahorse_008.thumb.JPG.6df4eadc8b829b1cIn progress axles.  The rear is from the Lindberg monster truck and the front is a parts box semi axle.  The shapes are close, now to add detail.

gigahorse_001.thumb.JPG.ac7e0fb21692bd94gigahorse_006.thumb.JPG.5dd227482fed0344I sourced these very cool turbos and found a parts box Allison tranny.  I believe it is from a Kenworth Aerodyne.

gigahorse_004.thumb.JPG.bfc632382af2260f

Thanks for looking.  Steve

Edited by Ridge Rider

yes thats the biggest challenge , not being able to see everything that is going on underneith .. looks like you are tackeling it perfectly !!

going to be one of the best .. no the best .. build of a mad max vehicle imo !! certainly one of the hardest with the 2 bodys molded into eitch other ..

now go and build , take pics and post because we need more pics !!!! hahahaha lol

Thanks guys.  I worked most of the weekend on the front axle while waiting for the rear one to cure.  That is the one downfall of using styrene as my putty/filler.  I still need shock and stabilizer mounts as well as brakes and canisters and also tie the steering knuckle to the rams,  but I just had to share.  I am very pleased with the outcome.  It took me about 18 hrs and 57 fabricated pieces to  produce this but I think it was worth it.  This is the best pic of what I was try to build.

gigahorse_screen_shot_002.thumb.JPG.f777

My  result

gigahorse_002.thumb.JPG.be5b11a67d22bb8dgigahorse_005.thumb.JPG.03fbd854329b3292gigahorse_008.thumb.JPG.40b4460c2c220073Thanks again for looking and for your support.  Steve 

Edited by Ridge Rider